best susp idea's.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best susp idea's.......

i have in my driveway a 94 egt, and a 95 aspire........for my festy what combo should i be lookin at the asprie full swap, after lookin at seth's thread,....will the egt disks fit?? with the aspire lower cont arms....am i getting that right???

what is going to be the best combo for my car..........???
    you want to blend in?, drive a honda
    92l festy car, original owner.
    2008 xls mitsubishi outlander
    1987 nissan diesel truck

another 2 cent's,...........is the aspire auto tranny the same as the one in the festy, or did they beef it up like the standard,....and will it fit?...........
    1987 nissan diesel truck

Comment

The ideal setup would be(if you have the ability to fab up disk mounts in the back) Festiva control arms, aspire spindle with EGT caliper and rotor, Aspire rear beam with the EGT rear discs and calipers mounted up, and the aspire sway bay in front.

Kevin

Comment

i have all the hard parts.............what is involved with fabbin' the set up for the rear's? do you know..........
        1987 nissan diesel truck

Comment

You have to fab up a 1/4 steel mounting plate to mount onto a bare aspire rear beam. I will find the info on the old site.........

Comment

sounds easy..........very cool,.....looks like i might get more than just a motor outta the GT..........

i cannot wait the 2 weeks to start my car.............darn work gets in the way of havin' fun!
            1987 nissan diesel truck

Comment

Dont forget the master cyl. and brake bookster from the egt too!

Kevin

Comment

in the interest of the project,....i just bought entire cars....i didn't want to be rinnun' to the bone wreckers every time i changed a direction.

i'm at work so i cannot run out and check but is the booster and master not quite a bit lg'er on the EGT?.........i'm gonna end up gutting that car i know it,......i wonder if a second one might not be a bad idea........i know where a roll over is,.....200km on the o.d.,......if it wasn't flipped it would be a mint car!!
                1987 nissan diesel truck

Comment

Well, I am about to start the conversion on the snot green 92 Festiva LX, I will take plenty of pictures for all to see. Every so often, I will post u

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                  1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

pretty basic stuff here..........i wonder how thick the adapter is?,......and would this super custom brk idea be legal if you got in a wreck?...What would happen?...

but it has a cool factor that is WAY up there!
                    1987 nissan diesel truck

Comment

should be legal, might want to find some articles on braking systems tho, the festiva being so much smaller and lighter than the egt, might mess with the brake bias, make them grabby, i know on some cars they actually go to a smaller diameter master cylinder with the larger brakes, something about playing with pressures to make the brakes easier to modulate and less prone to lock up.
                      is not sposed ta do that...
                      05 subaru legacy gt
                      1991 nissan nx2000(almost awesome as a festiva, my first failed mtx)
                      1988(?) festiva LX 5spd (rescued from crusher,aspire swap done, working on turbocharging the 1.3...)

Comment

Working...
                      X