Question about shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about shocks

I got a new set of tires for my festy, but the old ones have worn weird b/c the suspension is blown out on the car. This is my daily driver, so I wanna do it as cheap as I can. Can I just get new shocks/struts and use them with the stock springs I already have? The car has 161,000 miles on it. I've always done shocks and springs at the same time on previous cars b/c I was lowering and all that so I didn't know if I should use the original springs. Thanks!

If the springs are good, why not?
    Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
    '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
    '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Take the car to a good alinegement shop. Let them tell you what needs placement. Then used good american made parts. No parts from china.

David

Comment

Should I just put the Monroe Sensa-trac shocks on it or just do the kyb gr-2's? Only $20 for gr-2's if I get them from festivamotorsport....I'd really like to do the sport springs at the same time, but not gonna have enough money for them.

Comment

ive never heard of a set of springs wearing out on a car, only time ive ever replaced springs on anything was when i was lowering or backroad antics or michigans bottomless potholes broke one, id go with the gr2s and replace the shock tops while theyre apart, every festy ive owned so far has had the rubber in the mount seperate, resulting in an annoying clunk everytime you hit a bump, and wierd jerking at the limit as the shocks move around in there. gr2s are abit firmer than stock, but ive used them on 3 or 4 cars and like them alot, definite improvement.
          is not sposed ta do that...
          05 subaru legacy gt
          1991 nissan nx2000(almost awesome as a festiva, my first failed mtx)
          1988(?) festiva LX 5spd (rescued from crusher,aspire swap done, working on turbocharging the 1.3...)

Comment

Go w/Monroes if you just want a Replacement type/Low Cost.

Comment

Working...
            X