will this rim fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will this rim fit?

i found a rim for my car. its a 1992 ford festiva and the rim i found was a 14inch thats 6inches wide and a 38-40mm offset. the bolt pattern is 4x4.5 and the tire size would be 185/60/14. will it fit or is there a better choice?

I'm learning just like you, um is the bolt pattern 4x 114mm? because thats the stock pattern.

If it does fit, your speedometer will be off and accel from start would be slower.

btw, im looking at rims with tires , the same size, is that off an accord?

Comment

Yes, 4on4.5 will fit the stock Festiva. Search the custom tires and wheel section of this forum for my capri rim write-up. It has the same offset. No I don't think the 185/60/14 will fit without rubbing on the rear struts.

Use the search feature. Welcome to FF.com.
      '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

Try here.....and BigElcat is right.....you use tools to fix your trusty car, you can use them here to find a wealth of great stuff. The search function is a great tool!
        1989 Red L- The Baron
        www.letstalkbeatles.com
        Link to Baron Pics:
        http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...nmervap/Baron/
        1990 White GL- Chuck (for now)

Comment

Im so proud right now.
          Welcome to the site! Take amoment and update your profile to include your location. You may find you have a member or 2 close to you who can lend a hand in one way or another.
          Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
          - Unknown
          I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
          - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
          - Bumper Sticker

Comment

^^you're welcome, Dad!^^
            1989 Red L- The Baron
            www.letstalkbeatles.com
            Link to Baron Pics:
            http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...nmervap/Baron/
            1990 White GL- Chuck (for now)

Comment

I meant to say Custom Brake, Suspension, and Wheels section. Good Luck.
              '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

thanks for the info but what are some sizes people have used? motors suspension performance and bodywork are what i know not really too much for tires. i know the rim would fit but i also need a tire size to run.
                Last edited by gsambray; 08-12-2008, 08:58 PM. Reason: forgot to add

Comment

gsambray...I hope you have a sense of humor.

Have you ever walked into somebody's house without taking your shoes off, only to have the people start yelling at you, "TAKE YOUR SHOES OFF? As if you were supposed to know, even before you walked in there.

All I'm sayin is use the search button. Friendly advice...go to the Custom Suspension, Wheels, and Brakes forum here at FF.com. In the top right corner of your screen there's a place to enter keywords, like Honda Accord rims, blah, blah, whatever you're thinking about...then hit the search button. Do it several times, then if you have specific questions, ask them here. Tires have been talked about a lot.

I'm trying to spare you the misery and embarrassment of what happened to me. It wasn't pretty:p

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

195/45/14 is almost exact match as is 185/55/14, the 185/60/14 will rub the inner lip of the front fender in hard corners and the back will rub on the strut bottom.

Please add your location to your profile....helps in more ways then I care to type....lol.
                    Welcome to the site.

Oh....and please read the rules on language and take a moment and look at the differant forums and pick the one that best fits what you want to ask before posting.....thanks.
                    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                    89L Silver EFI auto
                    91GL Green Auto DD
                    There ain't no rest for the wicked
                    until we close our eyes for good.
                    I will sleep when I die!
                    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

I think I'm the new kid on the block. I have an '88 Festiva LX. I went to Discount Tires here in Denton,Texas. They ordered me 14" chrome rims from a place called Unique Wheels (www.uniquewheels.com) With the 185x65 tires they put on the rims, the total price out the door eas $462. Yeah, they were rubbin'! I put in spacers between the coil springs. It works, but now I'm looking to find a coil spring that will fit, but is about 3" taller.

Comment

Working...
                      X