wheels and tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheels and tires

i just wanted to know what was the largest rim and tire combo you can go before having to make major changes?

what is the bolt size will 4X100 work?

and also what size tire would i need to get to fit 15in rims on mi festy

frankie
    88 festy L carbed
    Frankie

fully custom 88 festy (project doomsday) Febuary in 2012 calander
    Blockspire: ken block replica aspire
    AdvancedDynamix: "If you put the same kind of effort into your engine that you put into the rest of the car, well... it'll be epic". thanks man

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00000110128487

Largest? About 23" tall. This requires minor (fender) mods assuming you don't go over 8" wide.

Bolt circle. Festivas came stock with 4x114.3mm bolt circle. To use 4x100mm, you have to do the Aspire brake swap

15" rim. It's not so much rim size as tire size that determines fit. About the biggest tire that will fit with minor mods is a 195/50-15. Keep in mind that rim offset will determine whether these will fit or not.

If you lower the car, all bets are off.

For more answers, try this

Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
    '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
    '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Actually these things really need to be archived in a Technical section.

There are so many links that do not work it's not even funny. Looks liek there was a bunch of information you simply cannot get to anymore.

And I HAD to chime in for my 100th post.......
      Rodney

1991 FI 5 Speed Aqua Blue

Comment

Originally posted by rbrown View Post
        Actually these things really need to be archived in a Technical section.

There are so many links that do not work it's not even funny. Looks liek there was a bunch of information you simply cannot get to anymore.

And I HAD to chime in for my 100th post.......
        this is a sticky in the top of this forum, it says the bolt patterns, tire sizes, offset etc. i didn't even look hard to find it, took me 10 secs.

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

4x100 is the Aspire bolt pattern. If you swap the Aspire brakes on your car, you can run those wheels.

The Festiva pattern is 4 x 114.3 (I'm pretty sure it's .3)

I run a 15 x 6.5 wheel with 38+ mm offset, and 195/45 tires on them without rubbing. That's even with the Festiva being lowered. Although I do have the fenders rolled a bit.
          Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

I agree that there is good info on the stickies. But there are also many many dead links in those stickies to old threads.

And there is a ton of info, especially on wheels, after a search. You are correct.

But for ease of newbs (which there will be more and more of) I think a Tech section would be wonderful.
            Like:
            A forum community dedicated to Ford Thunderbird, Mercury Cougar and Lincoln Mark owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!
            Rodney

1991 FI 5 Speed Aqua Blue

Comment

thank you guys expecially simontuffguy i dont understand how to role mi fenders tho im about to goto autobody school so i will get anything i need to fix mi festy so i wanna make a statement befor i start

frankie
              88 festy (carbed)
              87 camaro
              Frankie

AdvancedDynamix: "If you put the same kind of effort into your engine that you put into the rest of the car, well... it'll be epic". thanks man

Comment

Rolling fenders

Step 1. Jack up car and remove tire/rim

Step 2. Use a hammer and tap the inner fender lip up untill it is out of the way.

Step 3 . Install new rim/tire lower car and admire how much better your Stiva looks with bigger rims and wider tires.

Hope this helps,

Will
                Festiva/Mazda genetic splicing researcher B6T / G25MR for 5+ years and counting.
                187.7 WHP @ 5500 RPM

Comment

Originally posted by rbrown View Post
                  I agree that there is good info on the stickies. But there are also many many dead links in those stickies to old threads.

And there is a ton of info, especially on wheels, after a search. You are correct.

But for ease of newbs (which there will be more and more of) I think a Tech section would be wonderful.
                  Like:
                  http://www.tccoa.com/articles/
                  each repair forum has and is it's own tech page. There are stickies at the top that work for any info you need on tire rim combos ect. There is a N/A engine section...a complex engine swap section...int/ext section....goes on and on. I do not think we need to add another section when it is all there.
                  "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                  89L Silver EFI auto
                  91GL Green Auto DD
                  There ain't no rest for the wicked
                  until we close our eyes for good.
                  I will sleep when I die!
                  I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

thanks guys
                    Frankie

Comment

Working...
                    X