tein coilovers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tein coilovers?

they claim that their is no kit avalible for our festy's but say the people have used the mazda demio kit sucsesfully,....how much extra work in the fitment depot is their to perform this upgrade? They also said the msrp is only $640, for that money,....i think this is worth doing no?,....I'm going to send back a mail and find out how complete the kit is for that price......

bottom line,....along with the aspire swap,....is it REALLY worth doing or is it just some braggin' rights?.....
    you want to blend in?, drive a honda
    92l festy car, original owner.
    2008 xls mitsubishi outlander
    1987 nissan diesel truck

Teins would be great, but I think the cheapest I have seen a set is like $1000 dollars from FMS. I believe they are for the Demio though. Let me know if you can get a set for $640 though.

Logan

Comment

Oh and Teins, unless your doing something like autox they would just be for bragging rights. If your looking for performance search for Qauwdoggs (sp) post on making your own coilovers.

Comment

that is the price right from tein, that they gave me, their " list " price, they also warned of a 2-3 month wait as they have to come out of japan. If the price does not mach what they recomend, the pricing should be repoted to tein, as to an explinatiion for the price increase no?

i saw the write up, and have been looking very seriously at it,....but for 640 the real deal.......mmmm,.....I also recived a e-mail from eibach today, they have nothing for our cars at all,.....something about not being a performance vehical,hahaha!, but they do have wheel spacers avalible for different sizes!

I am going to look into st suspentions, to see what they offer as well.......as well as KW suspentions.........

just got the mail!!!!!, the kit includes just the springs and dampners,...they do not sell directly to the public but, say that the kit is avalible at one of their on line dealers at their site.....
        1987 nissan diesel truck

Comment

There's a guy online here that was selling kits for $675 I believe, plus shipping. They are HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE only... Which means you can't adjust the dampening, as you could with the set they made prior (I know that FMS has several sets of them, but they've since been discontinued)...

I had a HA set on the Pimptiva for a little while. They were really nice, pretty comfortable ride, and had a TON of adjustment.

For that price? I'd say go for it... The FMS stuff (lowering springs and struts) will run you $500 and shipping... Why not bump a little more and get Teins? :-P
          Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

and that is what i thought, I have the local guy working on a price as we speak, i cannot wait to hear what he comes up with and then get him to explain why their is such a price differance......tein said the price was legit on their web-site based sellers......confirmend twice with the guy,........

I have thought about just getting the stuff from fms, but have not heard if they are willing to send me even a catalog,....

what are HA's, sorry.....another kit avalible??????
            1987 nissan diesel truck

Comment

I believe the ones that FMS has is for the HA set that are discontinued, which has the dampering. Plus he can charge whatever he wants for them since he has to import them himself.

Comment

HA??? i still do not know what that is??........I belive he can charge what he wants, it's just that with a little leg work a person will not be subject to paying a high price....I hope. In his web site it say's they are tein,...so he is a dealer, they bring those in for him do they not? they take 2-3 months to get here,....they told me that already.....the story is very similar don't you think?
                1987 nissan diesel truck

Comment

I have a set of Teins (Simons old set) I can get you the part numbers, the bolt right in.
                  Brian
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                  :fish:

Comment

that would be cool,.......by which manf.?....bolt right in you say even better, dumb question but the aspire swap will have no relavance to part# ect... will it?.....

the kits are mostly rebuildable, are they not????
                    1987 nissan diesel truck

Comment

Yes they are rebuildable and the Aspire swap won't matter. Mine are actual Teins coilovers.
                      Brian
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                      :fish:

Comment

the part # i have is "GSM06-H1SS2" is that the same?
                        1987 nissan diesel truck

Comment

that was for the kit......
                          1987 nissan diesel truck

Comment

worth the bucks,.....i hope so cause i'm dreamin' bout them! just hope i can get the deal that tien say's that i can,....by saving a few $,... it just gives me more to spend at fms.......and corksport,.....and option imports.......this car is gonna kill the buget,.....but i like it so what the hell.........

i never mind paying for a supirior product, it's when you get hosed i get mad. i'm 1/2 an hor from the montana boarder and parts are sometimes as much as 1/2 as much......think it's worth the drive, most of the time it is........
                            1987 nissan diesel truck

Comment

Working...
                            X