Who wants Teins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wants Teins?

Thanks to a fellow member, I have the info to order Teins for the Festiva. They are coil-overs so are height adjustable and you just run your stock upper mount (but I would recommend upgrading to a fresh/new one when you put the suspension in for obvious reasons). They are NOT dampening adjustable. I have been doing some research and Tein seems to be the only company that makes a true shock/spring coil-over that will fit the Festy. I have had their products in the past and was very pleased. In addition, they have offices here in the US so are much easier to deal with than many other japanese parts suppliers.

My friend owns a shop so I am ordering them through him. The OUT THE DOOR price will be around $670. However, the price will most likely go down if we get more people interested/order a few sets. These will take 2-3 months to arrive because they are special order and come from Japan. However, Tein is VERY GOOD about getting stuff on time. It will either arrive early or within 3 months. Unlike, some companies, it wont turn into 5+ months. And because they are special order, payment will have to be made up front. I can pick them up and ship to anyone who needs them.

If youre concerned about paying me upfront, I can show you my ebay feedback as well as get references from other forums that I am on. I can also give you all of my personal info, home address, cell phone, etc. I will basically do anything I can to ease your concern.

Anyone interested? And Im happy to repost this thread in another section if I should.

Please post here and/or pm me.

how many people do you need?

and is that a shipped price?

Im sure not too many people wanna pay 6-700 dollars for coilovers for their festiva, but if we could get enough people I would be interested.

Would it be possible to pay half upfront then pay the rest once the shipment comes in? That might be easier for members that cant/dont wanna pay full price up front.
    91GL, 93L, 91L, 92L
    00 f250- xlt 7.3 6speed 4x4
    88 gtx
    74 torino- enduro car.

Comment

If they where the dampening ones I would be interested but for a bit cheaper we can build our own coilovers (Quawdogg write up).

Comment

There's a member in Canada who got some sets in. I thought he still had a set available, the last time I saw him posting, but not sure on that anymore.

I think his prices were $650 shipped, and that was including shipping from Canada (I think anyways)...
        Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

I might be interested.... I have to find some money....
          1990 Festiva
          - 5 spd. swap
          - B6 SOHC swap
          - Custom Interior
          **********Currently Under MAJOR Reconstruction ************

Comment

oh ya, forgot to ask... Hows the ride with these?? I have a cheap coilover kit from a civic on my car and i bounce ALL over the road...

I need something smoother but I also want the car to be low
            1990 Festiva
            - 5 spd. swap
            - B6 SOHC swap
            - Custom Interior
            **********Currently Under MAJOR Reconstruction ************

Comment

Not sure exactly how many people are necessary per price point. I think if i can get 6 people (including myself) it will be closer to $620-630. You have to remember that the OUT THE DOOR price. So you wont have to pay tax like you would with most other places.

It does not include them being shipped out from Los Angeles to wherever you are. He may have better shipping rates through his business. Im happy to ship them however you prefer. As for the member who supposedly had them for $650 shipped...if you can find them go get 'em.

Payment. Unfortunately, I have to pay him everything up front because they are special order and not something that are in high demand. If anyone decided to back out, he would be stuck with something that would be very difficult to sell and he cant take that financial risk.

And yes, Ive read that write up on building custom coil overs. Personally Id rather buy something that was built and designed to work together. I also feel that the GR2's are a pretty basic strut and are more of an OEM replacement that isnt as much of an upgrade like the Teins. Ive had many cars and many different suspension set ups and personally, feel that the true coil overs that I have owned were always the best. While I wish these were dampening adjustable as well, typically unless you are professionally racing or tracking your car, its honestly not necessary. Dont get me wrong, its nice to have the adjustment/flexibility, but typically that even comes at a more expensive price. If these were dampening adjustable (which neither Tein, nor anyone else offers for the Festy) they would be closer to $1000 Im sure. Id also rather buy something thats ready to go than spend all that time building a set when its only saving me maybe $200 (and frankly, I feel isnt going to perform as well). I think in the long run the Teins are the better investment. And its also a bonus that you can buy individual replacement parts or have the strut rebuilt down the road if you need to. I havent looked into it yet but from what I remember you can even specify custom spring rates. I'd just rather use something that is basically made for the car Im driving than settle for parts that are made for other cars like civics, VW's etc.

Thats just my 2 cents. Im buying them regardless. Just wanted to see if anyone else was interested before I placed my order. I dont have my car yet but still want to do this in the next few weeks since its going to take some time for them to come in.

Keep me updated.

Comment

tein's are not for everybody that is sure,...alot of the festy's out there are not even worth the cost of the tein's....although some are........

I think micha is doing member's a favor by giving those who are interested a chance to order....at a resonable cost,...fms want's alot more than that....

I'm counting the day's till mine show up!...and a atta boy for trying to help other's dude!
                you want to blend in?, drive a honda
                92l festy car, original owner.
                2008 xls mitsubishi outlander
                1987 nissan diesel truck

Comment

No offense but sending $600+ dollars to a member who only has 20+ posts is too high a risk for me, no matter how bad I want TEINS.

Can a admin vouche for this member so if anyone is interested it will give them some piece of mind?

Comment

the way i understand it,...you will be buying them through a authorizedc Tein dealer and buisness,....or do I have that info incorect?
                    1987 nissan diesel truck

Comment

ps and i totaly understand!......IT would have to be super secure for me to part with my money!!!!!!!
                      1987 nissan diesel truck

Comment

and i understand the payment concern as well. and yes, you can send your payment to my friends shop/pay his business directly. you dont have to go through me. unfortunately, credit cards will still NOT be accepted since you could dispute the charges once the order was placed (which would force him to buy the suspension once it came in) and this also charges him an extra percentage. hes a close friend and even i am having to pay up front....its just the nature of special ordering a product that isnt sold here. im still happy to give you any and all info you need regarding myself, including my phone number and home address. and im happy to put you in touch w/ him. he has a legitimate website and is a legitimate business owner. im just trying to help him out and help some members out in the process.

and yes, i understand that teins arent for everyone. i just feel that if you are going to be putting on suspension this is a lot better bang for the buck than trying to piece together a set up that isnt designed and tested for our cars. i just dont think the custom coil over set up is worth it when its only about $150 or so more for teins. but again, thats just me.
                        Last edited by micah; 09-22-2008, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Micah,
                          i'm interested in the teins, Get a price locked down and let me know.

Will
                          Festiva/Mazda genetic splicing researcher B6T / G25MR for 5+ years and counting.
                          187.7 WHP @ 5500 RPM

Comment

so heres who i have intersted as of now:

Me
                            Motoxpress

...anyone else for sure interested? need to get a good solid number before i can go back and find out what the new price point is for the # of people who want a set.

Comment

bueller...bueller...anyone...anyone?

Comment

Working...
                              X