VW Alloy wheels for Aspire swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VW Alloy wheels for Aspire swap

OK. So I just got back from a local automotive parts recycling facility (AKA junkyard) and after loading up my Aspire swap parts I noticed a set of alloy wheels that were 13". I measured the pattern and 4X100mm is what I come up with. I didn't measure the back spacing or pay attention to the tire size that was on them 'cuz they were getting ready to close. One thing I did notice is that the lug seat was a ball type. This may be useful info or common knowledge but I thought that if anyone was looking at VW alloys that to check the lug seat before purchasing.
    After a bit of checking on the 'net I found that Gorilla makes a ball seat lug nut for Hondas. Part #38138 for chrome acorn style. Same thread size and pitch as the Festiva/ Aspire so using screw in studs along with the Gorilla lug nuts should work. I think I'll find out how much they want for them this week. Just for grins. Probably not much 'cuz I paid $150 for the swap parts including both front struts, rear shocks, all 4 springs, 4 steel wheels and the space saver spare. I didn't think that was too bad.

I used VW alloys for my first swap on the Mutt. I had to have steel hubcentric rings made for over $110 in order to smooth out the ride. They just tapped into the back of the wheels with a mallet.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
    X