Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A good source for 13"-14" low profile tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good source for 13"-14" low profile tires?

I can't seem to find anything besides near factory profiles. I know I have seen some hawt festivas with low pros on their 13s. I need to find a source so I know if I can buy the new wheels I found or not.

Check out Tire Rack or Discount Tire Direct... I've ordered all of my Festiva tires from one of those places over the past 5 years (with the exception of my last set of tires for the 15's on Casper, those were found on EBay).

I ran 195/45's on both my 15's and when I was running 14's.... When I had 13" wheels, I ran a Sumitomo 175/50 tire, as it was the lowest profile tire I could find for them (it was the same time I was running my air suspension) - http://www.customwheelsdirect.com/ti...il.php?id=6937 - I believe the overall diameter of the tire in this case is smaller than stock, so your speedometer would be off.
    Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Originally posted by SimonTuffGuy View Post
      Check out Tire Rack or Discount Tire Direct... I've ordered all of my Festiva tires from one of those places over the past 5 years (with the exception of my last set of tires for the 15's on Casper, those were found on EBay).

I ran 195/45's on both my 15's and when I was running 14's.... When I had 13" wheels, I ran a Sumitomo 175/50 tire, as it was the lowest profile tire I could find for them (it was the same time I was running my air suspension) - http://www.customwheelsdirect.com/ti...il.php?id=6937 - I believe the overall diameter of the tire in this case is smaller than stock, so your speedometer would be off.
      Excellent. I will check that stuff out.

Comment

Those sizes will also depend on the size of your wheels. My 13's were a 13 x 5.5" wide... My 14's and 15's were both 6.5" wide.
        Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

For 14" tires, check www.onlinetires.com, $340 shipped for a set of Toyo Proxes T1R's. The cheapest I found anywhere. It's a rare size and rare tire to find locally.

Comment

I found a knarly looking set of 13's on a protege that will fit but I am afraid to get them because 13" tires seem hard to find. I am really thinking a 14" or 15" rim will be more beneficial.

Comment

Working...
            X