aspire brake swap (front)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobstad View Post
    good idea to know that the Aspire rotors for an automatic transmission have seven holes while the manual transmission ones only six.

Why? dunno, but the width of the rotors is different though they use the same size brake pads. If you look at my posts I did one to a recent thread where this is discussed eloquently which is better than me trying to refresh and repeat here, eh?
    Bobstad....what holes are you talking about sir????

Thnx...I need all the info you can share
    Ski

1986 Ferrari Testarossa
    2002 BMW 745i
    2002 BMW 325i
    1989 BP'd Festi :p

Comment

I was wondering when ordering new rotors why they were asking me if I wanted them for auto or standard? Does it make a difference? I mean what IS the difference? Just the holes? I looked at the rotors wnich I still have sitting on the bench and I think the holes you are talking about are the 4 for studs, 2 for screws that keep the rotor mounted to the hub and 1 more for ???? hahahahahah
      Ski

1986 Ferrari Testarossa
      2002 BMW 745i
      2002 BMW 325i
      1989 BP'd Festi :p

Comment

Every thing for the brake lines were the same exept for the drivers rear.
        It is too short, but if you cut off the bracket to the rubber hose and carefully bend the steel line you can reweld it back on about 6" closer to the wheel then your line will fit.

Dont quote me on this but I think the auto rotors are thicker
        Anything for a Festiva:thumbup::thumbright:

Comment

Yes the auto rotors are thicker, AND the calipers are as well, to accomodate them! You must have both.
          97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
          CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
          Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

I was looking in the junkyard today and I am wanting to do the swap. I am wondering if I need to go to the 13" rims. It doesn't look like the 12 will fit over the calipers; junkyard rims were gone. I can pick up front and rear setup for 70.00(Knuckles, rotors, calipers, sway bar and the rear setup). I'm already pricing new ball joints, tie rod ends and control arm bushings. Thanks for the help.

Jason

Comment

13" or larger for the aspire swap, 14" or larger for the Capri swap.
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

nice write up..

Comment

Originally posted by gladdys64 View Post
                  I was looking in the junkyard today and I am wanting to do the swap. I am wondering if I need to go to the 13" rims. It doesn't look like the 12 will fit over the calipers; junkyard rims were gone. I can pick up front and rear setup for 70.00(Knuckles, rotors, calipers, sway bar and the rear setup). I'm already pricing new ball joints, tie rod ends and control arm bushings. Thanks for the help.

Jason

Umm where are you finding 12" rims in 4x100 your old rims wont fit btw

Originally posted by takeone51 View Post
                  nice write up..
                  Another very detailed write up
                  It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

subaru Justy has 4x100 12" rims
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                    X