Trouble finding winter tires.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble finding winter tires.

Anybody else had/having problem finding winter tires for their stock festiva 12" wheels.

So far nobody in town has had a full set except for one shop that wanted to charge $85 each for a brand I'd never even heard of. The other places keep telling me discontinued sizes, no more tires, ever.

I've got Wal-mart checking to see if they can order some in and if they can't I'll have to try one of the local Japanese importers who sell 12" tires for kei cars, but that'll probably be pricey. Either that or go to 13" wheels, but I'd like to kepp the price down.

Anybody know where to find a decent set of snows?

I understand your problem. buy quad tires.:p
    93-1.6l
    f.s.- fms bodykit.

Comment

Have you checked Canadian Tire? I can get some 12" Goodyear Nordics for around 45 bucks over here...
      The left lane? Are you crazy!!! I never drive in the left lane...It's full of freaks driving the wrong way and charging right at you!!!

Comment

I've checked the Canadian Tire online site, and they have them in stock in Courtenay, on sale at 37.49$ each!!! Personally, that's what I bought, only in 155/80-13, and I'll be trying them for the first time. But I've read multiple reviews online about this tire before buying, and they seem to be a great bang for the buck! Compared to some of the other winter tires I had, the rubber seems plenty soft, and the thread design looks pretty effective. Considering my last winter tires were crappy and had one winter on them when I bought them, and how well I got through our last hellish winter, I'm sure the Nordics will be great!!!
        The left lane? Are you crazy!!! I never drive in the left lane...It's full of freaks driving the wrong way and charging right at you!!!

Comment

the courtenay store has three in stock and will not order the missing tire in from other stores because they are an independant franchise apparently. I'm phoning back today to talk to the manager because that sounds like bs to me.

Comment

Well went and picked up the three goodyear nordics from the local store. And now I have to drive down to Duncan tomorrow and pick up the fourth one because they refuse to get it shipped up here.

Still kind of angry about that, but for $37 a tire I'm not going to complain. Even if it means having to drive 200kms one way.

Comment

Working...
            X