aspire swaybar write-up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aspire swaybar write-up?

has anyone done one? i've done a little searching, and from what i've gathered, it works just fine without aspire brakes, you dont need the aspire LCA's, you need the aspire mounting brackets/bushings, it doesnt do anything bad to the stock suspension, it may interfere with the rad hose/trans mount, and most people say that is does wonders for handling. i know skeeter said this, but he has the aspire swap as well. does anyone without the aspire swap have any input on the difference that it makes? i know elcamino1 said @ the st louis meet that it was awesome. any other input? and does someone want to do a write-up? thanks in advance!
    Andy
    89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
    92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
    New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

geezer geezer geezer. You know what to do.
    Heres one to get you started though.
    Discuss improvements to your Festiva or Aspire in the handling, braking, wheels and tires areas.

skeeters got one around here somewhere as well I believe.
    Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
    - Unknown
    I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
    - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
    - Bumper Sticker

Comment

ive got one im my festiva and it made the car so much better in the corners. one of the best upgrades i think you can do

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

i searched monsoon. honest! i found that thread, but the reason i was asking was to find out about people without the brake swap--just the swaybar. i think there were about 3 threads like that. i really did search! :lol:
        89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:

Comment

LOL Im messin with you. This system is funky and you have to have a bit of luck to actually type just the right wording to get what youre looking for.
          I could swear though that skeeter had a write up on this swap, but I couldnt find anything. Perhaps Im thinking of someone else. Wouldnt be the 1st time.

- Unknown

- Quentin Crisp

- Bumper Sticker

Comment

i guess he sorta did, but he also did the brake swap. i dont know if it would make any difference, though. i think i'm gonna get one and try it (if i can find one!).

Comment

I remember reading that you did not have to do the brake swap to use the sway bar. The only issue was that it was real close to the lower radiator hose almost to the point of rubbing. I think in skeeters case it was a matter of something being slightly bent. I think others had said it was close as well but didnt rub or they shortened the hose slightly to get more clearance.

- Unknown

- Quentin Crisp

- Bumper Sticker

Comment

Im still on the hunt for the threads.
                Ran across this one.
                Discuss improvements to your Festiva or Aspire in the handling, braking, wheels and tires areas.

Still hunting. Found this one from skeeter.
                Last edited by MONSOON; 10-22-2008, 08:11 PM.

- Unknown

- Quentin Crisp

- Bumper Sticker

Comment

yeah, i remember that too. it also interfered with the tranny mount alittle too i think. im gonna try it anyway.

Comment

Remember pics are a good thing around here. Some of us dont have to move our lips to look at pics!

- Unknown

- Quentin Crisp

- Bumper Sticker

Comment

:lol:
                      true. if i do it, ill be sure to take some pics.

Comment

geezerstiva I installed Aspire front sway bar with stock brakes on my car,just follow one of the write up you'll be fine.
                        Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
                        99 Dodge Caravan SE
                        95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
                        94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
                        78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
                        78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
                        03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
                        95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
                        95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
                        95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

Yea, shouldn't be any different for stock brakes from aspire brakes... only problems may be the lower rad hose and front trany mount. After I get a front trany mount cut, welded, and poly'd, I'll make a slightly more permanent writeup, but its really straight forward.
                          ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
                          91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
                          1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
                          2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

i have heard of someone saying to install it upside down. did any one try this? if it wont fit upside down then i wont be able to use it because of my front mount with the bp/gm25r swap. please let me know.
                            Neil

Jesus loves me. This I know.

93 L track prep in progress
                            88? Parts car-sold
                            91 L B6-me f25mr-soon to be ???
                            86 b2000- pisses of HOA-sold
                            1997 k1500 suburban- kid hauler/GAS hog

Comment

Originally posted by gorgonheimer View Post
                              i have heard of someone saying to install it upside down. did any one try this? if it wont fit upside down then i wont be able to use it because of my front mount with the bp/gm25r swap. please let me know.

I know the Automatic sway bar will not fit upside down... Not sure if the manual trans sway bar is different.
                              Previous owner of a '89 Graphite L, 4spd, GL Seats, Aspire Brakes, 14x6's, 185/60/14's

Comment

Working...
                              X