Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stainless Brake Line - Festiva vs Aspire...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainless Brake Line - Festiva vs Aspire...

been doing some searching and reading but havent anything conclusive.

im going to be installing aspire brakes (front and rear) and was thinking about upgrading to stainless steel brake lines while i was at it. however, it seems that the festiva and aspire lines are different in how they mount to the front caliper. as a result, i wanted to buy aspire brakes lines but cant find any stainless ones.

that brings me to two questions...
    1. do i need aspire brakes lines or will festiva ones work WITHOUT modification?
    2. if i need aspire lines, who sells stainless ones?

thanks!

the FMS braided lines fit both Festy and Aspire calipers now. IIRC they're about $130 for the set. About the same price as stock replacememnts around here...
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Jim, care to enlighten us on how they fit both? they didn't just cut that little prong off, did they?
      ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
      91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
      1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
      2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

yup, basically.
        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
        Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

I don't think I'd trust that... the banjo bolt seems like it'd be likely to get loosened up. When you turn the wheel, the line gets pushed up, trying to turn the bolt. Thats the reason for those little fingers, and I wouldn't feel safe w/o them.
          ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
          91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
          1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
          2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

most cars dont have those tabs on the end....or am i wrong? i feel like all the Honda's i owned didnt...

Comment

I've installed them without the tabs a while ago on my car. They came with them but they didn't line up with the holes on the Festiva calipers. I called Roger and he told me just to cut them off. Hadn't had any issues with them at all.
              Ian
              Calgary AB, Canada
              93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
              59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

I grumbled a little when I found the tabs wouldn't fit. I gently bent them to fit the Festiva caliper. I had the same concern about eventually loosening. Not necessarily the bolt but the copper seals. If the Aspire and other rides don't have a "keying" tab, I guess there should be no worry.

Comment

Working...
                X