Lowering Springs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowering Springs...

Hey guys, I was online searching for some ideas about doing a unique coil over setup like Qwaddawgs when I ran accross these springs....

HorsepowerFreaks Lowest Prices on Aftermarket Auto Accessories.

Anybody using these???? I did the math and they drop the car 1.8" = approximately 45 mm

Doesn't the FMS springs only lower the car 40mm??
    1990 Festiva
    - 5 spd. swap
    - B6 SOHC swap
    - Custom Interior
    **********Currently Under MAJOR Reconstruction ************

I would be jumping all over this but am cautious of the years listed for the Festiva and think that almost 2 inches may be a little too much for me. I would also think that if you were looking at racing like Qwaddawg that it would be WAAAAY to soft.

I did lots of research a while back and actually came up with a very nice setup for the Festiva that didn't break the bank and was able to be taylor-made for your driving conditions.

I had a Ground Control Adjustable Coilover set for up to a '00 Civic. BUT I ordered different spring rates. The softest I could get in the 9" lengths were 175# for the front and 150# for the rear. I also ordered tender springs and a set of spring couplers. The set was of awesome quality and aesthetics. I never got to use them 'cause I sold them to another FF.com user.

Of course I was looking for a Street Sport setup with the above ratings. For racing you could get a much much stiffer set of springs (not sure on length though) but you would be limited by the damping of the GR-2's stock type shim stacks.

You will be in the $700 range with a set of GR-2's. With about $300 more you could get a set of Teins from FMS. Then you would have a great set of High quality suspension pieces made just for the Festiva and would be much more capable of a race setup.

For a great sport ride and good driveability and under $700 I would go the GC route. If money was less of a problem then the Teins would be the way to go for both a good road and raceworthy getup.
    Last edited by Gomez; 11-05-2008, 12:21 AM.
    -Bryant

Comment

I noticed that too, made me wonder because I thought the year didnt matter....
      1990 Festiva
      - 5 spd. swap
      - B6 SOHC swap
      - Custom Interior
      **********Currently Under MAJOR Reconstruction ************

Comment

Working...
      X