Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who would be intested in custom parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who would be intested in custom parts?

Ok so recently i know some people (and my self) are tying to find caster camber plates. I know Cusco made a set but are very rare. Im going to see if i can find a machinist who maybe good make some but i would like to see if theres any interest yet. Theres a guy on the miata forums who does lots of custom parts for the miatas so maybe he can help. please post if you would be interested. The Cusco ones just went for 250 so im thinking pricing may be some where around there but i cant say for sure.

Thanks
    Rick

Well i sent a PM to travis waiting for reply, Brian i think fred had a cad of them, i will look for it but we might need the dimensions off them. Can someone fix my terriable spelling in the title....Thanks
    Last edited by Hot_Wheels; 11-15-2008, 07:51 PM.

How do they work and what do they look like?
    ROBc

Comment

I was thinking of trying to duplicate the Custo ones.
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

these where freds designs shhh done tell

Comment

TravisR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Hot_Wheels
          Hey travis i have a question to ask. I know your doing a lot of great production parts and i was wondering if you could help me out and a few fellow festiva owners. Some of the guys on the site are looking for caster camber plates, Cusco made some set but only sold them over seas and they are super rare. Now i know the Festiva doesnt have as big of a following as the miata so i was thinking we could assemble a group buy and go from there. I beleive i have a CAD of the cusco ones (ill have to dig it out) i dont think it was dimensioned though but i could send you a stock one to dimension it. i started a post to see how much intrest i could drum up. A set of cuscos just went for 250 on the web site and it was a fight for them so i think theres intrest. They will probably fit the aspire to so we can probably get those guys and maybe Festivamotorsport.com could pick up some stock too but i cant say for sure probably would have to call and talk to the owner.

Thanks
          Rick

heres a link to the post i started let me know if you could help us out

Yea I could do those, get the files/prints over to travis@boundaryengineering.com and I'll see about what needs to be put into the part to make it working. For something like this I can probably use my other machinist so turn around would be like 2-3 weeks.

Comment

depending on price I would be interested

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
            92 GL - parts car
            97 aspire - parts car
            87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
            http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
            Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

I would be willing to spend about $150 on a set. Not sure about $250, but maybe.

Comment

wheels

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
                Ok so recently i know some people (and my self) are tying to find caster camber plates. I know Cusco made a set but are very rare. Im going to see if i can find a machinist who maybe good make some but i would like to see if theres any interest yet. Theres a guy on the miata forums who does lots of custom parts for the miatas so maybe he can help. please post if you would be interested. The Cusco ones just went for 250 so im thinking pricing may be some where around there but i cant say for sure.

Thanks
                Rick

Well i sent a PM to travis waiting for reply, Brian i think fred had a cad of them, i will look for it but we might need the dimensions off them. Can someone fix my terriable spelling in the title....Thanks
                HEY RICK WHAT SIZE WHEELS AND TIRES ARE ON THE FESTY ? THOSE ARE VERY NICE.I WOULD LIKE TO GET ME A SET AND GET RID OF MY 12 INCH ALLOYS. CAN YOU TELL ME THE COMPANY NAME AND TIRE SIZE ? THANKS

Comment

adjustment plates

I'm very interested. How soon are we talking?
                  Slainte!

-Mike

91 Festiva L 1.3l 5spd

Comment

very interested. but once again price being the main factor. keep us posted when he gets back to you with the material pricing and what not.
                    93-1.6l
                    f.s.- fms bodykit.

Comment

well i havent replied to travis he needs a CAD file with dimensions, Brian has the orginal cuscos so if he could give dimensions that would be a start and maybe someone to draw them up in cad, as for price i dont think theres enough intrest for us to get them cheap enough maybe 5 people?

Comment

You want to borrow one to have them drawn up?
                        Brian
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                        :fish:

Comment

I personally dont know anyone that does cad i took it back in high school, but im sure everything has changed. Actully i used to work for a mold maker let me show him the picture and see what he says and i will let you know. thanks for te offer Brian

Comment

I think I can help...

I neighbors with a machinist who uses CAD. He is willing to give it a shot, but would like something physical to go off of. I don't have any extra mounts thou. I think you can see the problem. I'm located outside of Philly (19095) if anyone close wants to loan me one.

Just an idea.
                            Slainte!

-Mike

91 Festiva L 1.3l 5spd

Comment

If someone sends me a mount I'll draw it up.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
                              BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
                              BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
                              New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X