Protege brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protege brakes

Now im sure the rear's drums and stuff wont work, but are the front spindles similar to the aspires? Will they swap to my festiva like the assfires?

Im just trying to figure out everything I can take off from the donner car (91 protege) So far

Engine, Tranny, ecu, wiring harness, wheels and tires 4x100, what else? What about the struts?

Logan

you could get the aspire hubs then swap on the mx3 calipers, rotors, and brakes you just need some 14 inch rims.
    the blue b6-ze oh yeah!!

Comment

mx3

I know this is stupid but Mx3 same as protege brakes? Also would there be many benifits to protege calipers, and rotors on the aspire hubs, over just strait up aspire swap?

Logan

Comment

Just do the aspire swap. The difference is incredible even with cheap crappy pads. When I stop quickly the rear end will actually unweight and the rear tires skid. Any additional improvements would be useless.

matt

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
        BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
        BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
        New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

thx matt

I am going to do the aspire swap, but was just wondering if I can use the calipers and rotors from protege because I have a whole donner car to work with, and im going to have a pretty heavy system in the ass, along with relocated battery, and a matching spare tire.

Comment

Use the Protege stuff I would say you should for best performance get Brembo brakes and rotors i am not sure if they have calipers though. I believe the rotors are cross drilled. That would be best. Then again its kinda expensive and I know how notoriously cheap people who own Festivas are even if the upgrade would provide a huge difference if it was expensive no one on this board would do it.
            the blue b6-ze oh yeah!!

Comment

Well you haven't seen my brakes when you do you will change your mind about "notoriously cheap people who own Festivas".

Comment

well by notoriously cheap i mean most people not all some people are different
                the blue b6-ze oh yeah!!

Comment

Originally posted by EVOGUN
                  Well you haven't seen my brakes when you do you will change your mind about "notoriously cheap people who own Festivas".

Yeah he'll change his mind to "my god some people have no taste in front bumpers"

* Retired Festiva-er*
                  1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
                  B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

'93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by B6T
                      Originally posted by EVOGUN

Yeah he'll change his mind to "my god some people have no taste in front bumpers"

Don't hate me because my body kit will get me tons of races!

Comment

if you have a donor protege why the hell are you asking us if they fit?

Just try it and then you'll see.

I wonder how I have 10.2" front brakes on the old blue bomber?

hehehehhe
                        Wil
                        02' Sc00by WRX Sedan (current project)
                        00' Celica GT Automatic 38mpg gas-sipper (sold)
                        05' Scion xB box-on-wheels (sold)
                        93' MX-3 Hybrid on LSD (sold )
                        96' Slowtegé 42mpg Beast-mobile (engine exploded)
                        93' B6-ZE 'tiva GL aka"Blue Bomber"(now owned by darpien)

Comment

donor

Yeah but the donor is still moveable, I dont want to start taring into it and finding out I have to put all the shit back on :-)

Logan

Comment

Working...
                          X