Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need opinion about wheel fitment...Sorry!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need opinion about wheel fitment...Sorry!

Hey guys, sorry for starting yet another thread about wheels, but I did my own research, and I got results, I just don't know what to make of them, so I need your opinion. I have the Aspire swap on my car, and I've seen a sweet set of VW Jetta GTX wheels for sale (they are actually BBS RA wheels) for cheap and I really want 'em. After a little research here and on VW forums, I know that they are 15x6, 35mm offset, and that the center bore is bigger than the Aspire wheels; nothing some new hub-centric rings can't fix. They also come with 195/50-15 tires. I also know that Aspire wheels are 13x4.5, 45mm offset. Using an online offset calculator, it seems I would have 9mm less inner clearance and it would extend an extra 29mm outward compared to Aspire wheels. And compared to stock Festiva wheels, it seems that my speedo would be off by 7.9% with those 195/50-15. I've searched and read a lot of threads, and seen people running those tires or those size wheels on Festies, but never that exact combination. By the way, my car isn't lowered and I don't intend to lower it soon. I just want to know if they would fit without too much trouble. I don't care about rolling the fenders, but if I need spacers, I'll just forget about those wheels. What do you think?
    The left lane? Are you crazy!!! I never drive in the left lane...It's full of freaks driving the wrong way and charging right at you!!!

I my humble opinion, the wheels would fit, but would rub. If you really want those wheels without problems shop around for wheel spacers, or talk to a local machine shop about making them. They're normally relativity cheap. Off-roaders like myself use these all the time when clearance is an issue. They give you the additional off set you need.

You may also need some kind of fender flare with them pushing out that far.

If I really wanted them, that would be my course of action. For what its worth.
    Slainte!

-Mike

91 Festiva L 1.3l 5spd

Comment

Your car is going to look really funny if you don't lower it with 15" rims. I have two different sets of 15" rims not sure what the offset is, but they both have 195's one set rubs on the outer wheel well on the front (stock suspension) the other doesn't (lowered but stiffer springs slightly different offset) but is very close.

Comment

Working...
      X