Will these hubs work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will these hubs work?

ok before i order these does anyone know if they fit or i may have to be the ginny pig, there newer rio hubs, i wanted to use these instead because they already have studs in them.

Thanks
    Rick

IIRC there's a steering arm height differance on those knuckles that will affect bump steer. not sure how bad it would be, but the more bump steer you have, the worse the handling gets on anything less than perfectly smooth roads.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

this is the link to the hubs, im not looking to run the knuckles im going to run aspire knuckles.

Comment

Well the bearings and seals are allegedly the same according to the autozone website along with the pic from the link looks to have the threaded holes to hold the rotor so I would think they'd be OK. Or you could just use screw in studs on all 4 wheels for around $25 and then you won't have to play the guessing game. Just my $.02 including inflation.

Comment

i need new hubs anyways i had to drill the rotors off and i went to far so it all works out, thanks i didnt even think about checking the bearing part numbers

Comment

Not a problem. In my opinion I really don't think it's neccessary to fasten the rotors with the screws anyway except for aligning the holes for the wheel bolts.There are other vehicles with "hat" style rotors don't have the rotor screws cuz the simply use the tightened wheel to hold it against the hub. If'n you were to use screw in studs you would be doing the same basic thing. Also I'm not positive about the outside hub diameter where the rotor slip fits over it or the total length where the bearings fit or the spline count and diameter. I'm not saying they won't work but there's just a few unknowns I'm not sure about. Plus IMHO that's a bit of money per hub to shell out on a guesstimation of fitment. Once again just my 1/50th of a dollar before taxes.

Comment

Upon further research on Rock Auto's site the hub diameter where the rotor slip fits in the center appears to be the same so at least that unknown is taken care of. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
              X