Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

15" sentra wheels, 195/45-15's and stock shocks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15" sentra wheels, 195/45-15's and stock shocks...

15" Steel Sentra wheels, 195/45-15's and stock shocks... will they fit without spacers or rubbing?

Can I go have them mounted and drive home, or should I mount them myself and try them out at home to be paranoid... just in case I need spacers...

Anyone have thoughts?

p.s. from my reading here, it should work work without any mods, but "should" is a biiiiig word...

p.p.s. I already own the tires and wheels, so please don't suggest different equipment...
    Last edited by thirdman; 02-14-2009, 03:16 AM.
    Thirdman
    1992 White Festiva L - original owner
    1993 Green-ish Stinktiva™ L - totaled

it depends on the backspacing. From my experience with a 6.5" wheel +35 to +38 will work without rubbing. Yep it's pretty much that close.
    -Bryant

Comment

I would just take one wheel off of the festy and try putting it on and see what happens if it hits anything or not.
      -Josh R

Comment

IIRC the sentra wheels are 15x6 with a +40 offset. you MAY need a .125 (1/8") spacer for the rear just to keep from touching the strut, but i don't know.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I finally got the tires mounted on the rims, and they look NICE. I just gotta get 'em on the Stinktiva... I am sure that the ride is going to be harsh with a 45 profile, but the increased footprint will be well worth it (i hope).

Pictures coming soon.
          Thirdman

Comment

Dangit, the rear ones are way off... 1/8" MIGHT do it, but I am going to go 1/4 'cause it is rubbing on suspension and strut pretty heavily. Front looks ok, except at extreme wheel lock. I am going to try it without and see what happens.

Plus I am disappointed on the look of the car with the ultra-low profiles... it looks pretty dorky. Double dang. Well, I hope this doesn't prove to be an exercise in frustration....
            Thirdman

Comment

Have you lowered the car any? That may the problem.
              Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
              - Unknown
              I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
              - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
              - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Resolution here:
                Thirdman

Comment

Working...
                X