coilover setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coilover setup

I know there is lots of material avl on the topic.. and obviously i have already studied all of it..

I came across these springs..

Fronts: http://www.pitstopusa.com/detail.aspx?ID=55993
    Rears: http://www.pitstopusa.com/detail.aspx?ID=55989

And of course i would have to add tender springs..

The car is not meant for racing at all....
    DO you guys agree with this setup.. what do you think of these "Tanner springs"

All comments are welcome.
    thanks

you'll want more both front and rear, say 175# front and 160# rear.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

The spring rate is not the problem. That is an easy one. The problem is with the length. A 5" spring isn't ANYWHERE near enough length to be on a Festiva. Even with a 4.5" tender spring (which doesn't support any weight at all) your car will be sittin' on the bump stops before you get the jack out from underneath it.

Check Ground Control for springs. I had a set from them that is a near perfect match for the Festy IMO. I would have liked to go a little softer. Mid 90's Civic Set with custom spring rates. 2.5 x 8 up front and 2.5 x 9 in the rear. Get Tender springs and couplers. The lightest rates they have in those sizes are 175# for the front and 150# for the rear. If not racing this will be a good bit stiffer than stock but will still offer driveability.
      -Bryant

Comment

good call gomez, i didnt pay attention to the length.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by Gomez View Post
          Check Ground Control for springs. I had a set from them that is a near perfect match for the Festy IMO.
          you mean the setup you sold to me?
          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

FB, what do you think of the 175/150 springs...i mean in terms of daily driving.. is the car bouncy?

Comment

yeah I know, I am really kicking myself in the rear now.
              -Bryant

Comment

Working...
              X