205/60R14's with modifications?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 205/60R14's with modifications?

I would like to stick some good size rubber on and give room for bigger brakes. I was thinking of opening up the fenders a bit and puttin flares on. I'd like to get a wider track as well...offset? spacers? Fit 205 or so? How feasable does this sound to ya guys? btw I do plan on upgrading the steering and suspension too. Possibly an Aspire swap on some of it.

If my car was lowered my 205/55/14 drag radials would fit without a problem. Don't know if they would fit the rear though.
    Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

Anything can be done.....But why a 60 profile? Why not 45 to 50?

I'm putting 205/40/16 on my 16x7 wheels with zero offset, also gonna cut and flare the fenders.
      '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

And look at this thread, http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19275

He put 225/60/14s on 14x7s

Comment

Originally posted by thered56 View Post
          give room for bigger brakes.
          Like what?
          It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Originally posted by BUSTIVA View Post
            Anything can be done.....But why a 60 profile? Why not 45 to 50?

I'm putting 205/40/16 on my 16x7 wheels with zero offset, also gonna cut and flare the fenders.
            I want more rubber since I'm leaning towards a rally style Festiva. Thanks a lot for that link btw, that's sweet stuff if it works out well. And I haven't gotten to exactly what brakes yet.

Comment

^^Rally! Awesome, I love rallying. Be careful with that tall of a profile while sliding on dirt, the bead might pop, tire goes flat, rim digs into the ground and car will roll. Seen it happen alot.

Here's my rally beast in it's early stage, since then it has 2 more lights and more WRC grill parts up front.

Comment

WOOT!!! rally lights lol....

that wxr is awesome!!!

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

aaah...so a lower profile than that would be better? Maybe a 205/50R15 would be better? I'm just in the planning stages here, so I appreciate any input. Thanks guys. Sweet Impreza, I love those cars, any year. Nice lights there too Sasquatch. Is that your car?

Comment

Nice lights there too Sasquatch. Is that your car?
                    thanks! and yes its my car thats only when i had 4 of them... now there is 6

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

aaah...so a lower profile than that would be better? Maybe a 205/50R15 would be better? I'm just in the planning stages here, so I appreciate any input.
                      I like the 50 profile tires when racing on a dirt/gravel mix, and 45's if it is mainly tarmac. The 60's have a little too much flex in them from the extra height. I kept getting flats with 60's because rocks would squeeze in between the bead and the rim and let air out. Thankfuly I never had one de-rim, that could've been nasty.

And not to jack your thread, but here's one more pic of my friend and I's WRXs after a little late night rally session...

Last edited by BUSTIVA; 03-14-2009, 12:22 AM.

Comment

haha no worries, Impreza's are sweet, and, we are talkin bout rallyin! And Sasquatch, maybe I could see a picture of that car in the light, I was thinkin bout a setup like yours, not to hi-jack my own thread...haha...um ya thanks for the insight Bustiva! Besides, 15" rims would give me much better selection!

Comment

hey bustiva, what size rims and tires are those on your black festiva, they look sick. any rubbing issues??
                          vincefestiva

Comment

Originally posted by vincefestiva View Post
                            hey bustiva, what size rims and tires are those on your black festiva, they look sick. any rubbing issues??
                            Thanks!

They are 16x7 with a 205/40/16, the fronts rub some at full lock (will fix soon), and the backs needed a small spacer to clear the shocks.

Comment

Working...
                            X