Super Pro Poly Bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Pro Poly Bushings

Thought I'd post this as its own thread so its easier to find.

Super Pro are a reputable Aussie poly bushing company. Recently TEIN USA has been appointed as US distributor. Just looked up part numbers for various bushings. Here we go!

SPF1318K - Control Arm Lower - Inner Bushing

Price: $46

SPF1478-22K, SPF1478-24K, SPF1478-26K (22, 24, 26mm bar) Sway Bar Mount To Chassis Bushing

Price: $34

No pic

SPF0161K Sway Bar To Lower Control Arm Kit

Price: $33

notes: Measure bush, 25mm length & flange diameter 47mm, says its for Mazda

SPF1477K Sway Bar To Lower Control Arm Kit

Price: $22

notes: Measure bush, 20mm length & flange diameter 36mm, says its for Ford/Mazda

So, next step is to see if there is a vendor who stocks these bushings or if we have to order from TEIN directly. Or perhaps there is someone online here who wants to put together a group buy for all the bushings?

I'm not sure which of the outer control arm bushings would work for our cars? I'm thinking the SPF1477K since it was listed as a Ford/Mazda part. Australia usually lists bushings for Ford Festiva, as that is what they received, not the Kia or Mazda.
    Last edited by Arnie; 04-25-2009, 11:31 AM.

Comment

I've contacted a vendor that carries SuperPro to see if he is willing to order up some. Any you guys want to get in on this? maybe we can get the price down a wee bit if we have enough people ordering?

I want all them bushings!

I also measure the Festiva front swaybar and its 22mm. Anyone have an Aspire front bar to measure?
      Last edited by Arnie; 04-25-2009, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnie View Post
        I've contacted a vendor that carries SuperPro to see if he is willing to order up some. Any you guys want to get in on this? maybe we can get the price down a wee bit if we have enough people ordering?

I want all them bushings!

I also measure the Festiva front swaybar and its 22mm. Anyone have an Aspire front bar to measure?
        ====================================

Aspire- 25mm/ 1"
        '93 Festiva L 5spd.:
        Aspire swap: brakes, swaybar, master cyl.

Aloha! ....renny

Comment

According to jasonpaulbauer (and others), the Aspire automatc bar is slightly bigger than the standard car.
          Last edited by JPT; 04-26-2009, 02:30 PM. Reason: link
          Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
          '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
          '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Originally posted by FestivaFan View Post
            According to jasonpaulbauer (and others), the Aspire automatc bar is slightly bigger than the standard car.
            =================================================

They are probably right, since the brake calipers and rotors are a little bigger on the automatic Aspires compared to manual ones. I don't know and didn't know there was a difference as far as Aspire swaybars goes.

All I know is that I used the 25mm/ 1" poly bushings as mentioned in the Aspire brake/ suspension threads, to mount the swaybar from an automatic Aspire to my festiva and they are a perfect fit. Though, I did have to shave/ grind away the outside of the bushing to fit better within the bushing clamp. However, the inside diameter is perfect. So, perhaps the manual Aspire has a smaller dia. swaybar? Perhaps, someone can confirm this, so to eliminate the confusion. Thanks and take care!
            '93 Festiva L 5spd.:
            Aspire swap: brakes, swaybar, master cyl.

Aloha! ....renny

Comment

if your looking for performance handleing you want a bigger rear bar any ways..bigger front bar induces more understeer
              Ian Carr
              88' flat black festy, has an e-brake that works!
              99' S70 T5M- faster DD
              86' 951- almost ready for track season

My old b6t- wish i still had it
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2241793

Every car I have owned has had a turbo in it, until I bought this latest festiva.. I plan to fix that though.

Comment

Yes and no. A larger front swaybar controls the front end roll and camber loss. The car does not rotate as well as with a larger rear swaybar bias, but front end grip is increased due to less roll and a better contact patch. Ultimately this leads to more speed and less understeer throughout a corner and not just getting the car turned in at corner entry due to sacrificial loss of rear traction with a large rear bar. Its an issue all mac strut suspensions have. but, admittedly, there is more than one way to skin a cat and you can get similar times on a course with both philosophies. Just depends on how you like the car to handle.

But good to know about the size of the Aspire front swaybar, guess i'll be making a trip back to the yard for that piece.
                Last edited by Arnie; 04-29-2009, 04:59 PM.

Comment

I've got another lead on bushings from Nolathane (also an australian company). I may have better luck with getting these here as i have a personal relationship with the parent company.

Look at the swaybar mount bushings!

I'm ordering up a full set of bushings (swaybar mount, swaybar to control arm, inner control arm bush). I'll post here when i receive them.
                  Last edited by Arnie; 04-30-2009, 12:26 PM.

Comment

lower inner bushings:

swaybar to control arm bushings:

Comment

Originally posted by Arnie View Post
                      I've got another lead on bushings from Nolathane (also an australian company). I may have better luck with getting these here as i have a personal relationship with the parent company.

Look at the swaybar mount bushings!

I'm ordering up a full set of bushings (swaybar mount, swaybar to control arm, inner control arm bush). I'll post here when i receive them.
                      I'm interested to see how well the sway bar bushings fit. Think you can do a test fit?
                      Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                      '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                      '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Definitely. I'll hopefully be getting them in a week or two. I'll take pics and do a side by side comparison.

Comment

Heard from TEIN today. They do not have these bushings in stock in US. They'd have to order from Oz. But we can order direct from TEIN USA.

Comment

Woohoo. UPS just dropped off the Nolathane bushings, fresh off the plane from Australia. I'll do a test fitting tomorrow and post pics.

I can't do the control arm inner bushings as i'm waiting for my new arms to come in and i still have to have the OEM bushings pressed out. But i'll get the swaybar pics up.

Comment

Nice research Arnie. I'm in the market for poly bushings and this is very useful.

Comment

Working...
                              X