Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coil spring supplier

Hi everyone,

OK I've done searches and read plenty of posts putting down FMS, so I don't want this to become an FMS trashing thread. If anybody from FMS reads this then please take it as constructive criticism.

Truth is I live in Canada, if I lived in the US and didn't have to spend so much for long distance call charges then maybe I'd have the patient to call and deal with FMS, the've got great prices and I realize it's a part-time gig and that's also fine. But, because of certain restrictions with phoning and even faxing, as their fax machine at (410) 381-6546 isn't taking any faxes and I tried 7 times! I've decided to try sourcing my parts elsewhere.

I just want to know if anyone knows the make of the lowering springs and the heavy duty strut mounts sold by FMS? I'd like to find another distributor of these parts. FMS doesn't make the parts, so if they are being manufactured then SOMEONE else has to be carrying them. I've found the KYB GR2 at another online place for about $10 more and that's ok, remember I also have to deal with the exchange rate and brokerage fees as well ))

Again, I reiterate, I'd love to deal with FMS, I like their choice of products and their prices, but I just find it very inconvenient to have to jump through hoops to buy something from someone. If they answered their e-mail in a resonable amount of time or had some way of at least warning potential customers that waiting times could be very long, at least then the onous would be placed on the customer. I have my own side-line and I clearly tell people that when they ask for something it may take some time because of my other priorities and responsibilities, then if they still want to deal with me, they've been warned.

Any help anybody might have would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Stefano
    aka drfestiva
    fest-ev-a@slandi.net

Roger from FMS is really hard to reach, even by phone but, I you look over eBay, he's really ponctual. That's the way I ordered my suspension (KYB strut and lowering kit) and I receive a reply the day after.
    Is that a Festiva that just passed me?!?!?!

Comment

Yep, see if you can deal with him on Ebay. That's what I did and it worked out well.

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Would either of you have his ebay username? I'll try and contact him that way and see what happens.

thanks,

Stefano
        drfestiva@slandi.net

Comment

I think it's "festivamotorsport"
          Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

i can't remember who he gets the springs from i think ill have to ask someone then i can let you know.
            the blue b6-ze oh yeah!!

Comment

The Festiva Store
              Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

I have found the best time to call FMS is between 3:30 and 4:30 EST. I almost always get ahold of Roger at that time.
                Brian
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                :fish:

Comment

Working...
                X