Rims/tires question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rims/tires question

I'm doing the Aspire brake swap, and I was pondering if the rim offset differances between rims is a big enough issue that I need to pay close attention to what goes on the car. (ie. should I go after only rims with the 45mm offset like the stock Aspire rims have?)

And is there a list of what tire sizes work with what rims and what conditions for them to work (ie wether or not the tire/rim setup works on lowerd, stock, or raised)

basicly I'm trying to get enough info to avoid any goof up since I don't have the spare cash to get new tires/rims if I buy set 'A' and they rub or such.

and as always feel free to thunk me up side the head with a 2x4 after you answer
    "Nothing's gonna grieve us
    When we drive Festivas
    I could go a hundred miles an hour
    Long as I got the Almighty Power
    With my plastic Jesus
    Riding on the dashboard of my car"

well my 175/60 13s don't rub but i tried on some 185/60 14s and they did a hella lot then again i have the fms (b g) lowering springs so that would change it for you if you didn't have them but yeah i would say if your friend would let you try some on then go for it it would help you out in finding what works and what doesn't but you won't be able to do too much with those lug bolts.
    the blue b6-ze oh yeah!!

Comment

thanks for the info. I plan on keeping stock ride height since the potholes around hear would chew off the bottom of my car else wise. Was the rubbing on the top or inside?

if anyone viewing this has a set of the slanted 12spoke Escourt rims, what size tyre do you have equipped? I found some for 35/each wich is better than another place that wanted 65/each for aluminium Aspire rims
      "Nothing's gonna grieve us
      When we drive Festivas
      I could go a hundred miles an hour
      Long as I got the Almighty Power
      With my plastic Jesus
      Riding on the dashboard of my car"

Comment

Working...
      X