Aspire brake swap question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brakes

might help not sure but when i did my aspire swap i had the same thing bleed bleed more bleed did not help tried dif master did not help the peddle would actually fade away to the floor so i bleed some more still did not help so i got to checking and the auto festy car has a bigger brake booster already so i swapped it in and it helped but really was not seeing what the talk was all about then i swapped in an auto aspire booster and wow a world of dif and brake problem gone and yes it fits rite in no mods needed again sorry i breezed through your notes you might have allready done this im just trying to help
    New build on the way .

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
      there shouldn't be any plungers in the PV.

You sure about that ?
      sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Also check the check valve in the vacuum line from the intake to the booster. Just a sugg.
        -Greg
        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
        Redneck Engineer
        FOTY - '09
        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

might want to also check your wheel bearings and if the axle nuts are tight.
          jdm impreza wrx
          1990 LX 5spd

Comment

Problem solved. I put an aspire M/C on. It has a slightly larger bore. Made a world of difference. Was going to use a 323 M/C but it had an extra port on it for something. Brake light warning switch or something. With this issue solved peace and harmony have returned to the ranch.

sigpic

Comment

Sweet deal fixing that. Now I have to do this on my little brothers car. He did the aspire swap and his brakes are still mooshy so looks like we'll have to make a trip to the junk yard

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
                Problem solved. I put an aspire M/C on. It has a slightly larger bore. Made a world of difference. Was going to use a 323 M/C but it had an extra port on it for something. Brake light warning switch or something. With this issue solved peace and harmony have returned to the ranch.

Nice! Was it tough bleeding the new master cylinder? Any install tips/hints?

Comment

Just bench bleed it before you install it.
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Yeah, I think there was even bench bleeding directions that came with the M/C. You will have to bend a new brake line. The lines on the festiva come off the side. As you can see in the picture the aspire M/C has a line coming off the top.
                    sigpic

Comment

Here you go Arnie, pretty easy. The bleeder tubes usually come with the M/C

sigpic

Comment

Cool thanks for that! I guess the only thing that would worry me is the bending of the new brake line. I've never done that before. I assume special tools are needed?

Comment

Originally posted by Arnie View Post
                          I assume special tools are needed?
                          Just the ones you were born with. Forefinger and thumb.
                          sigpic

Comment

Ah! cool. I thought i'd have to bend whole new hardlines or something. :lol:

oh, anyone know if there is a difference between the auto and manual aspire master cylinder? I'm running the Auto brake swap.
                            Last edited by Arnie; 08-30-2009, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Just FYI, Casper has the Aspire brake swap but is still using the Festiva master cylinder. It works fine. Maybe you had air still in the Festiva MC, and when you switched to the Aspire one, you got it all out of that one.
                              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Yeah, mine works fine as well with the stock festiva master cylinder. though i wonder if it could be improved still with the aspire master cylinder. i probably have a wee bit more pedal play compared to stock before the brakes engage. a higher, stiffer pedal is always nicer to have.

Comment

Working...
                                X