Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you like these 14" wheels for a festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you like these 14" wheels for a festiva?

They are stock 14" Alloy wheels from a 93 Mitsubishi Lancer (possibly carrying another name in the states?) I don't want bling just want to tidy up the Festiva a little, currently riding stock steel 13" rims.

Here is the car they come from

Stud pattern / PCD is 114.3 so green light there.

Currently $100 on eBay (all 5 wheels!) - I'm still waiting to find out how wide the rims are but they Festiva friendly...
    They have 195/60 Champiro GT Radial (80% tread) but I plan to ditch those for some 195/45-14 TOYO Proxes T1R's!

So what do you guys think, would these look okay on a Festiva? I'm also conscious of weight gain, wondering if these 14" Alloys would weigh much more than my 13" steel rims?

And if I do get them I'm also pondering if they'd look better resprayed in a black finish. Thoughts on that?
    Last edited by Click_It; 07-02-2009, 12:09 AM.
    200,000KM milestone!

I like them...and depending on the car....black would be cool.
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
      I like them...and depending on the car....black would be cool.
      Thanks, I'm thinking they look alright too. This is the Festy in question (hard at work in that pic lol)

With my beastie computer I could put them on my car digitally with photoshop to see how they look but its dead at the moment. But anyway, I think they'll be an improvement, just curious what some of you folks think.

1. Do they look good?
      2. Would they look better painted black on my white Festiva?
      200,000KM milestone!

Comment

I like them and think they would look good on a festy. Not sure about the black idea though. Personally I think black looks best on a aggresive, more angular rim, a darker grey with some metallic shine to it would look cool. If you get those wheels you would probably be the only festiva running them, so thats even more incentive.

Comment

can you put 14" rims on your stock tires??

Comment

Originally posted by shawnw View Post
            I like them and think they would look good on a festy. Not sure about the black idea though. Personally I think black looks best on a aggresive, more angular rim, a darker grey with some metallic shine to it would look cool. If you get those wheels you would probably be the only festiva running them, so thats even more incentive.
            So thats 2 yays and 0 nays so far, good to know!

And yeah I was thinking the same about the black. A new finish would be nice just so they look NEW and your idea of a darker grey with metallic finish is sounding pretty nice too! Always love uniqueness too.

Well an update:
            Just spoke to the seller now, he's 300KM away but will be driving within 10KM from me tomorrow which I jumped at but he'll only bring them if I pay the $250 "Buy It Now" price. But considering I'm putting new tyres on for probably ~$400ish (haven't even found a source for those Toyo's locally yet!) I might as well just buy brand new wheel package. So I'm just going to bid upto $150 (shipping is $50, and fuel to pick them up is about the same) and see how I go...

Originally posted by xX FALCON 4 Xx View Post
            These wheels already come with 195/60 tyres 80% tread. So I'm thiking I can just run those until I find a Toyo supplier.
            Last edited by Click_It; 07-02-2009, 01:03 AM.
            200,000KM milestone!

Comment

I believe he said that the stock wheels were 13's and the mitsu ones are 14's so no you cant.

Comment

Originally posted by graywolf_14 View Post
                I believe he said that the stock wheels were 13's and the mitsu ones are 14's so no you cant.
                Correct. I'd have a real low profile ride if I tried to put my 13's on the 14 inch rims :p
                200,000KM milestone!

Comment

I have 14's on my car, with the right size tires they look great. Heres my car.

And here is another car with 14" Capri wheels.
                  Brian
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                  :fish:

Comment

Originally posted by Click_It View Post
                    So thats 2 yays and 0 nays so far, good to know!

And yeah I was thinking the same about the black. A new finish would be nice just so they look NEW and your idea of a darker grey with metallic finish is sounding pretty nice too! Always love uniqueness too.

Well an update:
                    Just spoke to the seller now, he's 300KM away but will be driving within 10KM from me tomorrow which I jumped at but he'll only bring them if I pay the $250 "Buy It Now" price. But considering I'm putting new tyres on for probably ~$400ish (haven't even found a source for those Toyo's locally yet!) I might as well just buy brand new wheel package. So I'm just going to bid upto $150 (shipping is $50, and fuel to pick them up is about the same) and see how I go...

These wheels already come with 195/60 tyres 80% tread. So I'm thiking I can just run those until I find a Toyo supplier.
                    Make that 3 yays and 0 nays. I like them. Not even sure I'd paint them, but it would be interesting to see how they look painted black.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

I was in Sydney a couple of weeks ago! Even did some laps at Wakefield Park. Beautiful city your have there and saw quite a few ol' Festivas.

Comment

Originally posted by xX FALCON 4 Xx View Post
                        Whew! You might want to get yourself a couple of service manuals and basic auto repair books before you do ANYTHING to a vehicle. Because this answer is so obvious it could jump out of your screen and POP you in the head!
                        Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                        - Unknown
                        I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                        - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                        - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Originally posted by Click_It View Post
                          4 Yays.

I like them and I'm not much for "directional" rims.

Leave them silver.
                          Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                          '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                          '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Originally posted by FestivaFan View Post
                            4 Yays.

I like them and I'm not much for "directional" rims.

Leave them silver.
                            Thanks guys! Keep the thoughts coming
                            I still have 30 hours remaining on that particular auction, no bids yet so I'm hoping to clinch it in the dying moments but there are others I've had my eye on too (just more expensive) I might post those here too whilst I'm here.

Okay the other contenders:

15x6" Charcoal Superlights - $399 and being bidded on (price WILL go up)

15x6.5" Wedsport TC05 - $400 no bids yet, the appeal of these is their lightweight, in 15" they weigh almost the same as my 13" steelies.

This is the car they were previously on:

I actually like the look of the mini style best. The Wedsport look doesn't do it for me as much but they are extremely light (weighs about same as my 13" steelies!) so they'd be cool for weight management, and the original wheels my wallet likes best. So I'd be happy with any of these 3. I'm probably least likely to win the mini style wheels and most likely to win the original mitsu wheels.
                            200,000KM milestone!

Comment

i like the lancer. i dont care for painting the rims, or the dark colored rims much. the lancer rims would look best on your car, in my opinion. just my 2 shillings worth.
                              "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

Working...
                              X