No announcement yet.

Wheels studs with wheel adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, so I'm slightly confused here, if I wanted to go to studs on my car, all I would have to do is buy these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-M...Q5fAccessories and just screw them in tightly to the rotors and drums?
    -Josh R

Comment

You could do that. You need to use some sort of thread locker.

For my purposes I have purchsed 12m x 1.75 length Gorilla brand studs from Summit. I cut them back to 30mm. I installed them fron the back of the drum and "glued" them with Loctite "red" threadlocker and allowed to cure for 24 hours. The I attached my "ebay special" 16mm adapters so that my 15" wheels will not rub.

I will post some more detailed pics when I get home tonight.
      88 LX - Twin turbo, Intercooled :p
      Recently re-chistened from "Cheapstiva" to "Expenstiva"

Comment

pics, people, pics!

Comment

Are you using conical-end or spherical-end lug nuts?

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
          In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

Conical nuts... The ones I have on there were purchased at autozone. They're a bit long but they are well seated and properly tightened.

Here's the pics:

The studs

The cut

Threaded from the back

From the top

The adapter (16mm)

Adapter installed (pic 1)

Adapter installed (pic 2)

On the car

No noticable protrusion

Clearance (rub marks are from tires with prior 5/16th's spacer)

You can see the adapter through the holes

This will now prevent the minor rubbing that I had with the smaller spacer and will also make removing the rear rims easier due to the new studs. I may swap the fronts as well but for now it's staying as is...

I guess I now have a set of 5/16th's wheels spacers available for sale...

Comment

Nice! Now I understand what you are talking about in regards to an "adapter" plate. i really like the clearance of the wheels/tire/adapter plate combo you have.

Do you know what offset your wheels are and width? I can't recall, but what tire size are you running?

Comment

The wheel is a 15 x 6. Not sure of the offset. I used the same combo as thirdman. However, he used spacers. I used one spacer but there was a run and I was not terribly thrilled with using anothr spacer so I figured that a proper adapter would be much better in terms of seating and safety.

The tire size is listed in another of my wheel posts. I can't recall off hand. I'll see if I can find it for you...

Comment

I think you were on 195/45-15's?

Comment

my wheel stud kit:

Wheel stud length left exposed with wheel on:

I used these lug nuts. A bit long for these studs but more than enough thread engagement.

I'd prefer longer studs but this kit was the least expensive that I found:

Last edited by Arnie; 08-15-2009, 02:46 PM.

Comment

I just bought those studs! now i need lugnuts tho..
                      -Josh R

Comment

Same setup I just installed on my car!
                        "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

I have to run a spacer with these wheels and coilovers and it makes it a lot easier to line everything up. With the lugbolts i was having to juggle the wheel, spacer and lining up the bolt to the hole. Ugh.

Comment

What about these lugnuts? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TUNER...d=p3911.c0.m14

I kinda wish I would've bought them right with my studs..
                            -Josh R

Comment

Working...
                            X