Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think these wheels would fit a festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think these wheels would fit a festiva?

Hey there.

I have some wheels with mounted tires for sale, and someone said I should also advertise them on festiva forums because he said they would be a unique, agressive wheel on a festiva.

But I don't know a darn thing about festivas. I have no idea if they would fit or if they would be crap.

So before I think of advertising, I was wondering if I could get some experienced opinions.

They are imported, genuine Watanabe Type A.
    14x6 +20. 4x114.3

+20 and 6 inches wide is a rather weak setup on my RWD Corolla, but could also be an aggressive offset on a FWD setup.

The tires are 185/55R14 kumho Ecsta Supra 712. Good tread left, just a few thousand miles on them.

This is what they look like:

Closeup of one

Genuine Watanabe:

A pic of them on my car. See how deep they sit in the rear wheel well? It's not ideal for my car, but not ideal for many FWD cars either, but I was told festivas are somewhat kind of in the middle and prefer a low positive offset wheel so it doesn't rub on the inner wells. Have no idea if it's true or not.

Side view

Rolling in action

Soooo... anyone know how these would work on one? Anyone in Edmonton who is willing to try a test fit?

that should fit a stock festi

Comment

And they'd look great!
      1989 Red L- The Baron
      www.letstalkbeatles.com
      Link to Baron Pics:
      http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...nmervap/Baron/
      1990 White GL- Chuck (for now)

Comment

Nice looking wheels, Love the AE86!! :thumbright:
        -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
        -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
        -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

What State are you in?

Comment

Assuming since he is looking for someone in Edmonton to test fit them, that he is north of the border.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
            1989 L - 247K miles Slick
            1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
            Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Ship them south of the border and I'll "Test Fit" them for you.

Seriously, those are nice. They'll fit but might rub the fenders some.
              Last edited by JPT; 07-20-2009, 06:26 PM.
              Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
              '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
              '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

hmmm i might be in edmonton friday..... shoot me an email. dustinhammett@hotmail.com I'm ripping to b.c. tomm. and should be in edmonton friday.
                93-1.6l
                f.s.- fms bodykit.

Comment

thanks for the replies guys. So the verdict is it'll fit, but might rub a bit. Do you mean rubbing on the inside or the outside? sorry, I'm clueless in terms of festivas!

Originally posted by Ford_For_Life View Post
                  Nice looking wheels, Love the AE86!! :thumbright:
                  Thanks! I love the AE86 too, obviously. hahaha

Originally posted by jr.fester View Post
                  hmmm i might be in edmonton friday..... shoot me an email. dustinhammett@hotmail.com I'm ripping to b.c. tomm. and should be in edmonton friday.

dang! I'm actually going out of town this friday and won't be around. geez, the one weekend I'm leaving. Will you be coming through any other time soon?

Comment

more concerned of rubbing on the outside fender lip due to offset, but with a little tweeking, they should fill our wells quite nicely (actually may stick out of the rear a little, i'm running a 14x6 +35 185/60 and they just come to the outside lip in the rear).
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                    X