Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got these on a whim...opinions/advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got these on a whim...opinions/advice?

So I picked up this set of wheels today for what I think is a good deal....

They are BBS RS's, 3 piece, 4x114.3 bolt pattern, 6 1/2x15, 36 offset I believe. Unfortunately only one of them had the center cap, but they did have bbs lug nuts. I heard they are pretty rare so I went ahead and got them anyway. I don't plan on putting them on the festy since I already did the aspire swap. Do any of you guys have any other info on them or maybe a price I can shoot for when selling them? They obviously will need a better cleaning than what I did, but they aren't bad at all!
    Last edited by lanemeyer14; 07-22-2009, 02:55 PM.
    "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Do yerself a Google search on "bbs rs wheels 4x114.5 price" and see what you think.

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
    In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

Originally posted by sam.1956 View Post
      Do yerself a Google search on "bbs rs wheels 4x114.5 price" and see what you think.
      Thanks Sam. Looks like they're selling for anywhere between $600-$1200. I might not be able to get as much since I'm missing 3 center caps, but I'm sure I'll get more than what I paid
      "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Originally posted by lanemeyer14 View Post
        Thanks Sam. Looks like they're selling for anywhere between $600-$1200. I might not be able to get as much since I'm missing 3 center caps, but I'm sure I'll get more than what I paid
        That's always a win!

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
        In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

Those are gorgeous!!! Would be so nice on Raltiva...sigh...got the kinda rally look to me...

Comment

Found this little tidbit on here...

Looks like not many people like the look of these wheels on here. I think they are awesome myself! Just take a look at Cam Waugh's festiva with them on it!
            B6T, turbo, festiva, Cam Waugh, swap, hi, performance, suzuki, swift, ACT, SDS, custom, SCC, sport, compact, car, import
            Last edited by lanemeyer14; 07-22-2009, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lanemeyer14 View Post
              Found this little tidbit on here...

Looks like not many people like the look of these wheels on here. I think they are awesome myself! Just take a look at Cam Waugh's festiva with them on it!
              http://www.fordfestiva.com/multimedi...ry/image14.htm
              aaaaww man, I knew those looked familiar! That is one fine Festiva on some fine rims!

Comment

drool if you decide to sell those for cheap ill take them theyd look awesome on my 323gt drool
                Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

The more I think about it the more I want to try and put these on the festy. I think I could get away with 195/45 tires, but the bolt pattern is 4x114.3 and I don't want to take the aspire swap off. Anyone have any thoughts on redrilling the bolt pattern to 4x100? I had also planned on lowering the festy, so I don't know how that will work.
                  Edit: Did some more searching and found out this size with 195/45 tire is doable, may have some rub, but could be fixed with spacers and maybe some fender rolling.
                  Last edited by lanemeyer14; 07-22-2009, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Those wheels can be found in 4x100. Maybe you could sell 'em and find a set with the right bolt pattern. Check the mk2 classifieds on vwvortex.com Those guys love BBS and 4x100 is the bolt pattern vw mk2 Golfs and Jettas use.
                    1992 Subaru Legacy
                    1988 Chevy Caprice Classic

Comment

Originally posted by garylau View Post
                      Those wheels can be found in 4x100. Maybe you could sell 'em and find a set with the right bolt pattern. Check the mk2 classifieds on vwvortex.com Those guys love BBS and 4x100 is the bolt pattern vw mk2 Golfs and Jettas use.
                      Yeah, I posted these on craigslist and vwvortex today just to get a feel for what people are willing to pay, and I also mentioned I'm interested in trades. Guess I'll see what happens!

Comment

Got a guy that is willing to trade me these wheels for the ones I have....

They are BBS RZ's. He said they've been professionally re-drilled to a 4x100 bolt pattern. They are 14x6 with a 45 offset. So they have basically been turned into the 92'-93' LE Miata wheels, which I love!! According to this chart they only weigh 9-10.6 lbs each...

I think my wheels are the more valuable of the two sets, so I don't know if he's planning on throwing some cash in on the deal or not. The only problem is he's in New York and I'm in North Carolina. What do you guys think I should do? Keep looking? Try to work out a deal?

Comment

Originally posted by shorestiva View Post
                          drool if you decide to sell those for cheap ill take them theyd look awesome on my 323gt drool
                          i thought 323 gts are 4x100???

also if you are looking to sell them try the forums that deal with the ae86 corolla, i think they are 4x114.3 and they wold looks very nice on one of those cars...
                          Last edited by sasquatch; 07-26-2009, 01:12 AM.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                          1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Simon has 195/45/15's on his lowered Festiva, they seem to fit nice! I was missing a couple centercaps on some wheels I bought, I was able to find some on Ebay though.
                            Brian
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                            :fish:

Comment

Those are some nice rims!! I love mesh wheels myself also.
                              ---------------------------------------------------
                              The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                              ---------------------------------------------------
                              BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Working...
                              X