wheel question, yes I searched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel question, yes I searched

Yes I searched and could not find a straight clear cut answer or anyone running the setup I want to run.

Can a 15x7 +30 offset wheel, with 195/50/15 tires fit on a completely stock suspension Festiva? I dont want to roll the fenders, I dont want to change shocks, I dont want to build a coilover setup. Stock ride height, stock suspension, will it fit. If no, please justify your reply. Thanks in advance for any help any of you can provide.

Originally posted by Funstiva View Post
    Yes I searched and could not find a straight clear cut answer or anyone running the setup I want to run.

Can a 15x7 +30 offset wheel, with 195/50/15 tires fit on a completely stock suspension Festiva? I dont want to roll the fenders, I dont want to change shocks, I dont want to build a coilover setup. Stock ride height, stock suspension
    NO!!

Comment

Nope not without major fender modification. Mine has 15X6.5 with 195/50s and I had to get 2 spacers and cut the fenders.....sorry
      -Greg
      Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
      BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
      Redneck Engineer
      FOTY - '09
      5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Alright, well thanks for the input.

Comment

I'm running 15 x 6 Altima rims. Nexxen 195/45R15's Stock suspension, no cutting of anything.

Fronts fit with zero issues. Rears need a spacer. I started out with 5/16ths spacer and changed over to 16mm adapter with wheel studs.

They fit perfect, no rubbing, no issues.
          88 LX - Twin turbo, Intercooled :p
          Recently re-chistened from "Cheapstiva" to "Expenstiva"

Comment

Originally posted by funstiva View Post
            if no, please justify your reply.

Originally posted by biglay5150 View Post
            no!!
            lol!!!
            Steve GT

Comment

Originally posted by boostmaster View Post
              I'm running 15 x 6 Altima rims. Nexxen 195/45R15's Stock suspension, no cutting of anything.

Fronts fit with zero issues. Rears need a spacer. I started out with 5/16ths spacer and changed over to 16mm adapter with wheel studs.

Awesome. That was informative. I appreciate the help.

Originally posted by CHills View Post
              lol!!!
              not sure I find that as funny as you did, sir.

Comment

The reason behind my No is because you stated that you didnt want to Cut or Roll the fenders and you dindnt want to change your struts. With the wheels as described and the tire size you stated its a big NO!!! LOL Thats why he found that funny im sure. You wanted a cut and dry answer and I was just giving it to you.

Comment

Originally posted by boostmaster View Post

What offset?

Comment

I have no idea about the offset. Might check with thirdman. He did the first swap that inspired me...:glasses2:
                    88 LX - Twin turbo, Intercooled :p
                    Recently re-chistened from "Cheapstiva" to "Expenstiva"

Comment

Those rims are +42mm offset
                      Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                      '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                      '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

would it be ok if i quickly ask my own wheel question? i didnt think it was worth starting a new thread for.
                        Tim S

Comment

Why not? And the question and answer may help someone else in the future.
                          Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                          - Unknown
                          I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                          - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                          - Bumper Sticker

Comment

ok thanks! this may have been asked before but i couldnt find it.

would these rims fit without rubbing?

they are 14x6 45offset. they come off of a 94-97 miata and weigh 10.8-11.5 pounds each (depending on if they are hollow or solid spoked. I was wanting to put a 195/45/14 tire from toyo proxes on it. would any others fit? like 195/60/14. those seem to be more redally available. At the moment I have stock suspension but will be upgrading to coilovers (quaddawqs how-to) When i move back next summer.
                            Tim S

Comment

^ PM Shorestiva, he had those wheels on his festiva. http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...0058_large.jpg
                              -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                              -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                              -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Working...
                              X