tire question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tire question

i bought the wheels and tires from festiva13. they are 175/50/13s on 13x5.5 inch rims that fit the festiva. i had one blow out on the interstate. i saw some 175/70/13 falken all season tires i thought i might replace them with. would they fit ok, does anyone know. i saw them online at discount tire, havent been around to a local place to look or ask yet.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

They should fit fine or 185/60 /13's would work too.

Comment

70 series ar 20% larger than the 50 series. 20% of 175mm is 35mm. 35mm equals 1 and 3/8ths inches. 1 & 3/8 in. divided by 2 (because half this distance will be on each side of the rim) is 11/16ths or 17.5mm. Taller that is so if you have the clearance which I think you will than they should work. If you can look under the rear and see how close it is to the spring/strut that may help. Are you going to put 2 or all 4?
      -Greg
      Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
      BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
      Redneck Engineer
      FOTY - '09
      5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

i was going to put 4 on. i could just buy another 50s series as the tires have about half the tread left, but if i have to drive it all in the winter, probably wouldnt do so wel in the snow. it does seem to handle better with the 13s rather than the 12s that came on it.

on a side note, my 88' did quite well on mpg going to des moines, 45 mpg, using the a/c and doing 70-75. i wasnt even hypermiling.

thanks for the reponses.
        "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

Here ia a pic of my car with 175/50/13's

Now heres one with 185/60/13's

The car sits pretty low with the FMS springs and the tires fit just fine. I personally like the 50 series tires better but wouldnt want to drive on them in the snow. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
          X