tire size question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tire size question

ok does any one have low pro tires on stock aspire tires?? if so how well do they fit and what size are they i was wanting to see about getting some but i dont want to try and learn to do the math

Try this link... it does the math for you...

The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
    89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

ok thanks man that helped me out alot thanks alot
      Last edited by hofficergrover; 09-08-2009, 09:12 PM.

Comment

185/60/13 puts you .1 mph slower than stock tires
        175/50/13 puts you 6 mph slower than stock tires <- this is what i run.
        ---------------------------------------------------
        The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
        BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

um what do you mean with the mph slower thing? i have 175/70/13 on it but i was wanting some low pro tires i like how it looks and this is stock car so i aint trying to go fast haha if thats what you mean on the mph part

Comment

on a 155/80/12 revolution per mile is 927 when you go with a smaller diameter tire it has to make more rev per mile thus lowering your ACTUAL speedometer reading. If you guage reads 60 mph your ACTUALLY going 8.6 percent slower which is 54.8 mph.

It has nothing to do with speeding.

It also works vic versa. If you somehow manage to fit 205/50/17 on your festiva and your speedo reads 50, and your driving in a 45 zone....bud your getting a ticket!!
            Last edited by festivaWES; 09-08-2009, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Smaller diameter tires = more revs = higher fuel consumption, since the smaller tires basically change the overall gearing; kinda like putting an Aspire 5-speed in a Festy.
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

ok as in dont do it haha cuz il jsut go with the stock ones

Comment

THANK GOD FOR STICKIES that contain all these answers already! You just have to take a minute and read them.
                  Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                  - Unknown
                  I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                  - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                  - Bumper Sticker

Comment

dude i know how to tell tire size i jsut wanted to see waht i would like for low pro tires.
                    what i said in the first post i was asking about low pro tires because i want to use them but every on confused me with the high rev things and what not i was just wanting to know if some one had some on stock aspire rims and what size the tires were that they had on them nuthing to do with a sticker.

Comment

Stock Aspire rims are 4 1/2" wide IIRC. There are probably no low-pro tires for that narrow a rim, I'm thinking. Maybe you could squeeze 175/50x13s on these, but they wouldn't like it. A 5" or 5 1/2" rim would be better.
                      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Well you mentioned "math" in your first post......that's what got you a link to a tire size corrector.

There are plenty of threads about lowpro tires that poeple are running and pictures of them. A 13 inch rim, is a 13 inch rim....what does it matter if your looking at a picture of a honda VX on 175/50's or aspire steelies on 175/50's

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                        Stock Aspire rims are 4 1/2" wide IIRC. There are probably no low-pro tires for that narrow a rim, I'm thinking. Maybe you could squeeze 175/50x13s on these, but they wouldn't like it. A 5" or 5 1/2" rim would be better.
                        I have mirage 13 x 4 1/2's on 175/50's they don't look too bad, but your right a 5-5.5 rim width would be better.

Comment

ok well the math i said was brought up by a tire place he said he would have to do abunch of calculations to figure it out so thats what i was meaning and the link really help. if i really understood tires and what not i probly would have knew what you guys ment haha but thanks for trying to help

Comment

Working...
                          X