No announcement yet.

Mazda rx-7 = Festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No idea on that one. I bought the ones I did specifically because they fit the festy pattern. And I just bookmarked the wheel list on Firefox.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by qroger View Post
      On a more related topic, there are 4 bolt and 5 bolt rx-7 wheels. The 4 bolts fit better on the Festiva than do the 5 bolts. Qroger
      Did you read what you were typing when you were typing this?
      Of course the 4 bolt pattern fits better on a Festiva than a 5 bolt pattern. Festivas have a 4 bolt pattern.

Look up Capri swap also.
      Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
      - Unknown
      I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
      - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
      - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Originally posted by MONSOON View Post
        Did you read what you were typing when you were typing this?
        Of course the 4 bolt pattern fits better on a Festiva than a 5 bolt pattern. Festivas have a 4 bolt pattern.

Look up Capri swap also.
        Going out on a limb here, but I think he's trying to figure out how the five holes would fit if he swapped the hubs over. Just a guess, and I'm not sure if it would be worth the hassle. Me, I'd just do the aspire swap, get some super sexy wheels for them, and be done with it.

Am I close here, Roger?

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
        1989 L - 247K miles Slick
        1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
        Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Yeah you might be right. And Id agree also, just do the Aspire swap and be done with it.

- Unknown

- Quentin Crisp

- Bumper Sticker

Comment

Actually that was sposed to be ironic - absurd humor. My dilemma is that I really like the early rx-7 wheels, which I am pretty sure will fit on the stock Festiva hubs. I also like the idea of better brakes. My Festiva that I am trying to get road worthy has shot ball joints, and I have ordered Festiva LCA's. I think I read here that the Capri has worthy brakes that will swap, but it requires Aspire LCA''s. So, "all" I want is the standard bolt pattern, better brakes, and Festiva LCA's. Oh and the Aspire rear axle beam with anti roll bar. Is that too much? lol
            Qroger

Comment

Why stop with the Aspire swap if you're going to be trying the RX-7 mod? Rotory Festiva, anyone? Festiva RLX? Eh? Eh? Haha!
              In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
              There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

- Unknown

- Quentin Crisp

- Bumper Sticker

Comment

Reminds me of an old automatic transmission case. Little wormholes going everywhere, and somewhere the magic ball bearing to make it work.
                  qroger

Comment

I have the stock brake setup with 2nd gen Rx7 wheels (rotary dial) and crap susp and it only rubs on hard bumps. Also running a BP swap.
                    DV8 1 :twisted:
                    MAZDA MAZDA MAZDA MAZDA MAZDA MAZDA MAZDA
                    2003 Protege5
                    1983 Rx-7 Limited Edition
                    1991 Festiva (soon to be a 121)
                    1991 Chevy S10 pickup (R.I.P.)
                    1990 Chevy S10 pickup Bagged on all 4 corners

Comment

Does it stop?

Originally posted by No Pstns View Post
                      I have the stock brake setup with 2nd gen Rx7 wheels (rotary dial) and crap susp and it only rubs on hard bumps. Also running a BP swap.
                      How are the stock brakes etc. with the bigger engine, bigger wheels?

Comment

Originally posted by qroger View Post
                        How are the stock brakes etc. with the bigger engine, bigger wheels?
                        With more motor and heavier wheels I'd STRONGLY recommend more brakes; that BP can get you into some trouble, and greater rotating mass will make the marginal Festy brakes downright dangerous in some situations.
                        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Yes!! You Guys are correct, but it hasnt given me a problem yet. I beat the dog mess out of it!!!!!!:violent1::evil4:
                          DV8 1 :twisted:
                          MAZDA MAZDA MAZDA MAZDA MAZDA MAZDA MAZDA
                          2003 Protege5
                          1983 Rx-7 Limited Edition
                          1991 Festiva (soon to be a 121)
                          1991 Chevy S10 pickup (R.I.P.)
                          1990 Chevy S10 pickup Bagged on all 4 corners

Comment

Working...
                          X