No announcement yet.

GOD I LOVE THESE ASSFIRE BRAKES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, i got the front brake parts.... spindles, rotors, calipers, and tie rod ends. they're from an auto aspire (all the lot had), but from what i have read it doesn't matter, as long as you get both front units from the same car/style. so hooray on that part. i almost had the axles (it was a pull it yourself place)... got all but one bolt undone, and the only reason i couldn't get that one bolt was because they had the thing propped on rims, and it blocked that last bolt! that's alright though, i am sure i should be able to find another aspire back end somewhere. anyone got a set of aspire steelies they wouldn't mind coughing up? gonna need them. couple extra questions if anyone knows.... does the back end differ between autos and manuals, or is it just the front brakes? might be a good thing to know... but then again, when you build a mutt, it wouldn't matter as long as i ordered the correct pieces. got charged up the ass for pieces that were still attached (my tool set isn't comprehensive), so i need to remove these bits, and bring them back for a refund. i totally didn't like getting charged for 2 junk struts that i couldn't remove, and a crap CV that was still attached. did score a couple really nice headlight buckets for the festy though (i have a cracked one, and missing a few bolts.... not anymore ) . the tie rod ends were free. they aren't perfect, and no way was i gonna cough up more money for them. i already paid $177 cause of attached crap! i also have to get that core back for the CV joint i bought... as i bit hte bullet, and got new.

Comment

if ur pads are glazed, u gotta replace them, u can't bed/burnish them if u've already glazed them. I got the procedure for breaking-in brakes on my site.

And you should be able to EASILY lock up your brakes.

Unless you are using falken zeix tires or something it shouldn'lt be hard. When we first installed them on the blue bomber it had some shitty ass walmart 155mm tires. the drivers-front tire always locked up first causing a weird steering sensatilon. once the new falkens were on, it was quite difficult to lock them up, unless it was raining out.
      Wil
      02' Sc00by WRX Sedan (current project)
      00' Celica GT Automatic 38mpg gas-sipper (sold)
      05' Scion xB box-on-wheels (sold)
      93' MX-3 Hybrid on LSD (sold )
      96' Slowtegé 42mpg Beast-mobile (engine exploded)
      93' B6-ZE 'tiva GL aka"Blue Bomber"(now owned by darpien)

Comment

aspire autorotors

If you haven't bought rotors yet I have a set of auto assfire ones with only 700miles on them.

Logan

Comment

I have race tires and I lock them up :lol:
          Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

Working...
          X