Hyundai Tiburon wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyundai Tiburon wheels

One of my 12" tires blew out on the highway yesterday after hitting some debris in the road. They were so dry rotted it was going to happen soon anyways.

I saw these listed on the 4x114.3 wheel page and I was wondering if anyone had any real world experience with these wheels. I found a set of 4 at a junk yard by my house and I think they would look good on my Festiva. Here is a link with some information, unfortunately missing the vital offset. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Facto...5#ht_500wt_631
    14x5.5 4x114.3 pattern I would be running a set of 185/60/14 tires that I currently have with the stock Festiva suspension.
    Any input would be appreciated!

edit: I'm also concerned about using the stock wheel bolts. Will there be a problem with the seating of the stock bolts?
    Last edited by codex; 10-04-2009, 04:44 PM.

Offset is +45mm. At 5.5" wide, you MAY need spacers (like 5 to 10 mm), but I'm not sure.

Wheel studs are your best bet.
    Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
    '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
    '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

I found some more information online but I'm not sure how accurate it is.
      Bolt Pattern: 4x114.3
      Center Bore: 67.1
      Hardware:12x1.50 Lug
      Offset: 34-42mm

There are 15" an 14" wheels available so I'm assuming the lesser offset is for the wider 15" wheels and the 14" would be 42mm. With this information would there be any fit issues?

Comment

I started writing that last post before I saw that you posted. Anyways, will wheel studs be necessary to use these wheels? I'm assuming so since the type of seat for the Festiva wheel bolts are kinda specific to that wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by codex View Post
          ...will wheel studs be necessary to use these wheels? I'm assuming so since the type of seat for the Festiva wheel bolts are kinda specific to that wheel.
          Without knowing the mounting flange thickness, I can't say for certain.

Wheel studs will remove any worries about that.
          Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
          '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
          '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Those wheels look a lot like some Mitsubishi Galant wheels I was looking at, which will also fit. The center cap changes the appearance drastically.

Last edited by qroger; 10-07-2009, 06:48 PM. Reason: more better

Comment

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/pts/1365447980.html I think that is 80 for all 4

Comment

I'm kind of digging those. Does the seller have the center caps, or are they gone??

Not sure I'd like them white, but that's easily fixed. 80 bones ain't bad for the 4 of them.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Working...
                X