Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tein's help

OK -

I opened the teins box the other day and have been searching for more info ever since - I've read all the threads on coil overs and teins on the site and am now more confused then ever . . . I figured out how to assemble them even though the directions are in Japaneese the picture diagrams were very helpful - so I direct this question at festy owners that have currently or have had Teins installed. I'm trying to figure out how to adjust them correctly (i.e. how many turns equals what spring tension) I'd also like to know what your running and if thats for driving or sport use. I appreciate any assistence that you guys can offer. I have run into a dead end with the tein rep because my set has been discontinued for some time and he couldnt seem to find the "spec sheet" for the Festy (121 kit)SAMPLE SPEC SHEET And please dont tell me to learn to read Japaneese as that really isnt a viable solution for me.

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
    92 GL - parts car
    97 aspire - parts car
    87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
    http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
    Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Tunner, PM Poonracing and see if he can decipher/translate the instructions.
    TominMO may know Japanese too, not sure on that one!
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
      Tunner, PM Poonracing and see if he can decipher/translate the instructions.
      TominMO may know Japanese too, not sure on that one!
      If Tom does that would work out since he'll be at the house Sun.
      I'll PM poonracing

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
      92 GL - parts car
      97 aspire - parts car
      87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
      http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
      Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Which TEINs do you have? I have the Basics, so only ride height adjustable. There is not helper spring so you just set the ride height where you want it, no worries about "preloading" the spring. I believe the HAs also didn't use a helper spring, so its the same there. Just adjust the ride height you want. Damper adjustment (which is only rebound) is completely up to you. Best is to set at full soft, find a speed bump. drive over bump. adjust damper stiffer till the car no longer bounces excessively when it goes over the speed bump. It should only make no more than one oscillation after hitting the bump. Fine tune from there. Do not use the damper to "stiffen the ride up". If you stiffen the dampers too much they will be overdamped. not only will the ride quality suffer but performance as well. An overdamped shock will pack down on successive bumps till its just sitting on the bumpstop and not extending fast enough for the next bump. Just do enough to control oscillations, i.e. critically damp the spring. You can use the dampers to fine tune the handling bias as well. But that's mostly a bandaid solution as well. unfortunately we don't have much adjustability in our systems so you might have to do that.

Comment

Where can I find a set of those?

Comment

Post the japanese, I can have one of my buddies translate it for you

Comment

Originally posted by Amos View Post
              Post the japanese, I can have one of my buddies translate it for you
              This would be a good solution, but Arnie's advice may be all you really need, Trevor. My Japanese is rusty (haven't used it to speak of since 1973), and there's a lot of technical car vocab I don't have in Japanese. I was able to help him somewhat, but not as much as I would have liked to.
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
              X