Wheel Offset question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Offset question

i found some 13" wheels for cheap but i never really knew much about the offsets of wheels. i know theyll stick out more and i dont think they'll rub, the thing im most worried about is if my lugs will hold up to them.

they look like this
    it'll do the 1/8 in 13.7, spin tires, and make all my drunk buddies giggle.

"I like a Festiva because there's less car to get in the way of the driving experience"

Use studs. Then you'll have no worries.
    Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
    '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
    '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

how would you even try to go about doing that?

"I like a Festiva because there's less car to get in the way of the driving experience"

Comment

Order a stud kit on ebay. That's where I got mine....think it was like $20-30 for the set shipped
        "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

i dont even know what im looking for on there.

Comment

how long of studs did you guys order? i may have to add a 1/2 spacer so whats a good length? what thread pitch?

Comment

I believe these are the ones I got...
              "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Originally posted by lanemeyer14 View Post
                I believe these are the ones I got...
                http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...item5d2629c15d
                you think or you know.....I would like to get some too, but I don't want to guess...lol
                "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                89L Silver EFI auto
                91GL Green Auto DD
                There ain't no rest for the wicked
                until we close our eyes for good.
                I will sleep when I die!
                I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

so, you screw one end in the lug bolt hole? are the threads opposing? sorry ive never heard of this before.

oh yea. do you gotta put any thread locker on them?

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
                    you think or you know.....I would like to get some too, but I don't want to guess...lol
                    I know those are the ones I got....just not sure if it was that particular seller

Originally posted by Futurefesty90 View Post
                    so, you screw one end in the lug bolt hole? are the threads opposing? sorry ive never heard of this before.

oh yea. do you gotta put any thread locker on them?
                    Yep, put some thread lock on them and screw them in.

Here's another thread discussing it...
                    Discuss improvements to your Festiva or Aspire in the handling, braking, wheels and tires areas.
                    Last edited by lanemeyer14; 11-06-2009, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X