Was thinking about stretched steelies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was thinking about stretched steelies

Does anyone have stretched steelies on there festiva. i was thinking about getting mine stretched to get more tread on the groung and fill the gaps in my fenders a little bit. i know its a vw thing but i think a steelie with a lip looks cool. it is just a thought and i was wondering if it sounded like a good idea.
    93 Festiva L White B6T
    99 Dodge Ram STL Green Cummins. AKA the Jolly Green Giant
    89 Festiva Blue
    91 Green “Mad Maxine” Festiva B6T
    93 Festiva GL Black BP automatic
    93 Festiva GL Green stock

Stretch width? or height?

width ...you'd have too, but tires would be impossible to find.

height... geo metro 13 inch steelies will fit.
    -Greg
    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
    Redneck Engineer
    FOTY - '09
    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

i have seen alot of vws with 13 in steelies stretched to about 6.5 to 7 inches and they have tires. i would do some shopping but i would like the filled fender look and the improved handling would be nice. but yes i would get it streched wider.
      93 Festiva L White B6T
      99 Dodge Ram STL Green Cummins. AKA the Jolly Green Giant
      89 Festiva Blue
      91 Green “Mad Maxine” Festiva B6T
      93 Festiva GL Black BP automatic
      93 Festiva GL Green stock

Comment

I wonder if you can find a shop to do this? I know they do it alot in Puerto Rico and such, thatd be kinda stealthy with some 13s or so.
        Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
        1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
        2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
        2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Stockton Wheel will do it. They custom fabbed my M715 wheels. Shipping cost me more than the wheels did!

Michael
          Have owned 9 so far
          White 89 L converted to LX "The Curmudgeon" Being a Curmudgeon right now.
          Blue 89 L converted to LX "Shtinky" FMS crate engine,cam,flywheel,hail dents
          Smurf Blue 90 LX "Smurffy" He Ran Away From Home!!!!!! Says Willie loves him more than I did!
          Red 88 L converted to LX "Rasta, Mon" Now retired
          Where did all these @#*&%$ Toyotas come from around here?

Comment

^ pics!!!
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I guess I assumed everyone had seen a pic of it. Stockton fabbed a set of wheels for me to replace the stock Budd split rims. They cost me 105.00 ea, but I paid 550.00 to have them shipped.....BY RAILROAD! The centers are 1/4" plate steel.
              Have owned 9 so far
              White 89 L converted to LX "The Curmudgeon" Being a Curmudgeon right now.
              Blue 89 L converted to LX "Shtinky" FMS crate engine,cam,flywheel,hail dents
              Smurf Blue 90 LX "Smurffy" He Ran Away From Home!!!!!! Says Willie loves him more than I did!
              Red 88 L converted to LX "Rasta, Mon" Now retired
              Where did all these @#*&%$ Toyotas come from around here?

Comment

find a 13 inch mercury capri spare , they have a mild stretch. i got looking at it the other day and i wish i had 3 more. i would totaly rock them !
                05 focus zx3 5spd 180k 2.5 inch mbrp exhaust , steeda sri and ford racing dynamic suspension

Comment

Working...
                X