Urethane Bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urethane Bushings

I am considering molding some urethane bushings to replace some of the rubber bushings on my festiva, specifically the rear torsion beam bushings, and front sway bar bushings. was wondering if there would be any interest from anyone else if i am able to pull it off. also what Durometer should i go with? i was thinking around 85A.
    Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
    1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
    1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
    2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

a complete set sounds interesting.

Comment

I was thinking of doing the same thing but I can't get my hands on a Lathe for that amount of time... And I would get the smallest samples from a couple of them... Try them out see which one you like better... Then buy the amount you need.. -Kyle
      Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

actually i was just going to cast them. the torsion beam mounts are molded onto a metal tube, so it would just be easiest to make a mold off of one of the rubber mounts and cast a urethane duplicate.
        2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

I'd be very interested, depending upon projected cost per set.
          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

well i still need to see if i can make one set, i've never worked with urethane casting before, but it should be pretty simple. as for the cost. thats up in the air. the shipping cost on urathane resin is outrageous, so i'm gonna see if i can find a local source. a gallon runs about $137 shipped...

Comment

just a note.. FMS has poly bushings now..

Comment

wow saves me some work! i had noticed that moog makes a set for the control arm to sway bar, 8.99 at advance auto parts. if they are like other moog replacement bushings i have used they are urathane, but i'm not sure. if they are that would be a whole lot cheaper than fms for at least one bushing...

Comment

Working...
                X