Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brake and hub swap 15' wheels too Pics Soon!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake and hub swap 15' wheels too Pics Soon!!!

Hi All,

i've just almost finished the hub/brake sway , its all off the ford capri, (mercury convertible in usa), it came with the B6t i bought.
    i also fitted the 15' wheels i pulled from a mitsubishi galant gst... they look the goods....

i will post pics once i buy new caliper bolts / bleed the brakes.
    but discovered a split ball joint rubber and a few suspension bushes where buggered.
    i just need to do the rear now, and lower , and struts, and b6t, and ecu,and seats, and the list doesn't get any shorter....
    Negative i am a meat popsicle...

just the front or rears as well?
    89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
    94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
    2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
    1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Did you use the Aspire LCAs? Did you have the front end lowered on your Festiva?
      Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
      1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
      2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
      2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

i did the fronts only..

negative on the aspire lcas, i can see some positive camber though.

i want to lower ~ 2' but will that be enough to cure the positive camber? or are the aspire Lca's required....

pHOTOS NOT TOO GOOD...

Comment

good God 2' that is 24 inches! you would be laying side mirror at that point!
          89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
          94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
          2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
          1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

sorry 2 INCH from original.... how do the wheels look?
            so are the aspire lcas needed or will lowering alone achieve the correct camber?
            what spring length and rates are ppl using on this setup?
            what shocks are a straight fit for this assuming i don't want to cut the spring perch? will
            the aspire gr2 be enough for 200lbs front and 150lbs rear springs? i think with these springrates i'm heading into 323 strut territory (or something else)

need to know as i'm getting the springs done soon so the festi doesn't look like a 4wd.... and i can drive it...

Comment

Aspire LCAs are needed so you have the correct camber and to have less strain on your axles.
              Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
              1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
              2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
              2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

thanks chris.

any ideas on what struts to use with that spring combo i mentioned earlier?

Comment

factory replacements (aka: koni gr2) they're plenty stiff for the 200lb springs without jarring your fillings loose.
                  Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                  94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

FYI...a FF.COM Public Service Announcement...

' = feet

" = inches

mm = millimeters

nm = nanometers

Safety Guy = a smart butt :p

Karl
                    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

nice1

what is the most the gr2 can dampen...? what about gr2 rears...?

Comment

almost done...
                        i cut the springs too, i left 1/2 of a coil extra on the drivers side though by error..

the only thing remaining is passenger side LCA to chassis bolt, there's just no easy way to get it in when the rest of the suspension is done... i'll try something different tonight..

Pics up as soon as i'm done whith the bolt...

Comment

Cant wait to see the pics!
                          Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                          - Unknown
                          I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                          - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                          - Bumper Sticker

Comment

PIC Early

This is an early pic....

the alignment is out, the camber is unknown (can anyone assist?) the pic is before the springs were cut.

the tyres are now 1 cm off the fenders,
                            there is a bit of rub, but i will fix with a new fender rolling technique that is easy/cheap. i will advise on this...

I went to wreckers and found that nissan EXA front struts fit on festiva with some washers . they allow camber adjustement if you have the exa bolts.... the struts have a provision to stop the offsett bolts from spinning .

the springs will need to be custom. i didn't have a tape measure but they should be festiva width on top and exa on bottom . this shouldn't be an issue, i think customs or 300ZX springs will do...

Comment

oops , those are the original pics...

Comment

Working...
                              X