13x5 AE86 SR5 Rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13x5 AE86 SR5 Rims

Picked up these rims with tires today for 100 bucks. I must say fit like a glove and look great. Center bore is perfect and offset looks good. Havent been able to find much info on em... but I think they are a +33mm offset.

Couple of questions tho... the fronts are 205/60/r13 and the rear are 185/70/r13. Will this have any negative consequences? And I know this will change my speedometer but does it only depend on the front tire size?

The 205s look awesome on the front but I dont think they would work in the back as the 185s scrub already. Will post pics as soon as I have access to a camera.

Yes pics would be nice. Dont know how it will affect your mpg though.
    Man should eat when he can for Man does not know when his last meal will be.

Comment

if there something i like and you would like to trade em for these

myabe we could work outta deal if not no biggie... just a thought

btw all tires are new
      Last edited by 92festie; 02-01-2010, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bandunga View Post
        Couple of questions tho... the fronts are 205/60/r13 and the rear are 185/70/r13. Will this have any negative consequences?
        The different widths will give different road grip characteristics; the rears will tend to slide more than the fronts, so watch for that if you're planning hard cornering. A 205/60 is more a sport-oriented design than the 185/70.

But of more concern is the difference in sidewall height. The shorter front sidewall will flex less than the taller rear one; this might well cause handling issues. One way to fix that, at least partially, is to inflate the rear tires to a higher PSI than the front ones, which will stiffen the sidewalls a bit. Try a difference of 5 PSI, then experiment: 30 in the fronts and 35 in the rears, for example.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

what bolt pattern? festiva or aspire swap?
          89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
          94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
          2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
          1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

stock festiva bolt pattern. I attached a pic I found of em on the net. They are the rims on the front of car. I'm missing the big center caps tho...
            Last edited by bandunga; 02-01-2010, 08:18 PM.

Comment

The only bad thing about narrower tires on the rear is that it will increase oversteer, and over inflating the rears will make it worse. Luckily our cars are good at understeer so you dont really need to worry about it. On my first car I had a set of 205/60's on aspire rims and they looked and handled awesome, was kind of a narrow wheel for the tire though.

Comment

I need to find me some rims for my car. the black 14" steelies only cut it so far... Or maybe at least some trim rings...
                89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

i can do a deal on mine pm me if interested!!

Comment

Working...
                  X