13X8" Wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13X8" Wheels?

Just noticed that Rota makes Panasport copies in 13x8 in either 4x114.3 or 4x100. All my Honda buddies run really wide wheels and and no flares but roll both the front and rear fenders which gives them about an inch more tire coverage. Anybody think that the Festy's fenders could be persuaded to cover these or does anybody know where to find a set of bolt on fender flares? Ive seen some on autocross cars and old austin minis but cant find any.

MiniMania.com might have some type of flairs but they are Mini specific... I am going to try and run 13x8's when I have some money to dump on wheels and tires for AutoX... I think it can be done with some persuasion! 8) -Kyle
    Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

get a sawzall and make room :twisted:
      90 L FI..second B3
      90 L Parts car
      Jay

Comment

rolling fenders is easy. i did this to my old crx. just grab a wood baseball bat, jam it in between the tire and fender and get a Buddy to drive her forward slowly while you push down on the bat. go slow and you will get the results you want. i think 13x8's will look awesome an a festy. something i've been looking into my self actually. racing heart makes some nice ones as well.
        Jspec B6t, Starion Conquest intercooler, Greddy Type S bov. Go Fast Bits Mach 1 bov. Spec Stage 4 clutch. SDS engine management.

Comment

I won't post all the wide street tires on a Festiva = hazards/problems as I assume you are aware of them..

Comment

13X8"s

Gonna see how much clearance the festy will allow with the old bat technique. My buddy's shop also has a tool that hooks onto the fender and rolls it without all the work of using a bat and fat guys in the trunk, but doesnt do as nice of a job. Hondas can be rolled almost two inches, guess we'll find out after Christmas how much the Festiva can be rolled, might still need flares. And yup, I've had street cars that had really wide tires, should help me build strong arms with all that torque steer. This car wont see that much street time as I am goona use it for drags and autocross (its gonna replace my race kart as my new toy). Thanks for the help

Comment

Hydroplaning? Wheel bearings? What else?

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Comment

^ you missed bushings.

Comment

If you are beating on your car at all driving, it doesn't matter what wheels you are using, they are always getting thrashed... Just a lil FYI...

Comment

i found these 13x8
                    http://store.summitracing.com/partde...0-184040&N=115 4294923107 4294923105 4294878877&autoview=sku

but what backspacing should you go with, they got 3"-5"

Comment

you know these are nicer but 280.00 each :shock:

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...68-30815&N=115 4294923107 4294923105 4294878877&autoview=sku

Comment

are these the tires you guys talking about?

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...H-MHR-03&N=115 4294923107 4294921520 4294904668 4294878877&autoview=sku

Comment

those are cheater slicks. you can still run those on the street cus they have grooves in them. it diddent say weather they were dot approved or not so id still be careful. in the old hot rod days they used to take irons and burn lines into tires to make em legal to run on the street.
                          -rev till the valves float grab second and haul ass-

Comment

Is all this being done with a stock festiva suspension or with the Aspire upgrade.

Comment

Working...
                            X