Coilovers and Indie Rear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coilovers and Indie Rear?

So I picked up a Festiva project kit with a B6 (1.6?) swap a week ago. While I'm building the engine I have started to play with the suspension. My first question is does anyone know of a generic coilover kit that will work with the Festiva? I've been playing with a couple options I just need to test them out. Total cost for all 4 sides would be $140, if what I have picked out works. I should know by next week.

I am also wondering about an independent rear suspension. Does anyone have any experience at this or have any of you attempted or been successful at it?

Thanks,
    Brian
    --
    Checkpoint Racing
    Denver, CO
    www.checkpoint-racing.com
    (303) 296-3030

no one has tried an independent rear suspension as far as I know other than maybe a couple of people who have gone with radical engine designs or a rear wheel drive car. Mostly people go with the tried and true aspire rear beam which is basically an festiva one with larger brakes and a metal bar welded inside it. Other than that the farthest anyone has gone is rear disc brakes on the beam. For the coilover kit as far as I know none exist but there are a bunch of lowering springs you can find out there but you have to search other countries like the uk or germany where the 121's are. I have a few links if you want to see if you want to import some just pm me.
    the blue b6-ze oh yeah!!

Comment

Tein makes a coilover set, well two but the one you want is the wagon the HA's are all sold out. go to www.tein.com and give them a shout.

Comment

weapon r also makes a set of the coilover sleaves, drop them an e-mail and they will send you to a link to order them.
        Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
        1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
        1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
        2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

Festiva Motorsport also has Teins!
          Brian
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
          :fish:

Comment

Working...
          X