Whats up with my suspension?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats up with my suspension?

i was told it has civic hatch suspension on it. pulled the wheels off and took a picture for you guys..... doesnt look to great to me

drivers side rear

drivers side front

passenger rear

passenger front

Looks like stock, worn out suspension.
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

that one spring looks toat!

Comment

looks like they heated the springs with a torch to make the car lower... i would go out and get new shocks and a coilover kit or maby some aspire springs and chop a couple coils out... or if you want a stock ride then stock springs lol...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
          looks like they heated the springs with a torch to make the car lower...
          Yeah thats what it looks like.
          '90 LX

Comment

looks like they heated the springs with a torch to make the car lower... i would go out and get new shocks and a coilover kit or maby some aspire springs and chop a couple coils out... or if you want a stock ride then stock springs lol...
            are aspire springs stiffer? i want something a little stiffer but i dont want to spend a ton of money on them

Comment

i got my coilovers for 100 bucks... they are for a 88-00 civic they fit good on the stock struts... and to get a bit stiffer shocks on the front i have the aspire struts on the front... it gave the front a mini lift but i lowerd the springs down and it looks normal...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
              1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

i got my coilovers for 100 bucks... they are for a 88-00 civic they fit good on the stock struts... and to get a bit stiffer shocks on the front i have the aspire struts on the front... it gave the front a mini lift but i lowerd the springs down and it looks normal...
                yeah my front struts look pretty beat.

are the aspire struts direct bolt in?

Comment

ya they bolt right in... but like i said they will raise the front of the car up about an inch or more... also the rear fit but will also raise the car up...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

ya they bolt right in... but like i said they will raise the front of the car up about an inch or more... also the rear fit but will also raise the car up...
                    i will probably grab some civic coilovers anyway so i can have the adjustability. first i gotta work out my tranny issue

Comment

Originally posted by wybnrml View Post
                      Yeah thats what it looks like.
                      +3! Change those front springs asap.
                      Oscar

Comment

WOW.

I think those guys just rigged that car together. Not to talk crap or anything but come on... BP turbo or not I think you *might* have paid just a little too much for it. First I see a thread about the trans falling apart and now melted springs?

Look on the bright side, theres a LOT of improving you can do to that thing to make it a nice street machine:

Suspension, look for skeeters_keeper's cheapo coilover thread
                        Aspire swap
                        Wheels and tires, no less than a 195-wide tire, then you might get somewhere
                        G-series trans, no explanation needed. It should already be in there...
                        91GL BP/F3A with boost
                        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

stay away from the e-bay coil-overs, they're absolute crap, and way too stiff even for new struts.

come this spring, i'll have extra suspention parts available. in fact, i have 2 good front struts right now (under some snow) that you could grab cheap!
                          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                          X