wheel of steel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel of steel

Hey guys i need some advice.... I want to swap my rims to a bit larger and the guys at discount tire are telling me this set up will work>>>>
    They are a set of steel wheels by a company called Unique and they are series 83. they are 14x5.5 with 35+ offset and 4 5/8 backspacing. The guy told me i could run this set up with no rubbing.... Any opinions?!?!?! Here is a pic and the fact sheet. I really like the subtle look to them and the would look nice on my black festy and a bargain at 50 bucks with 100 mail in rebate for a set of four....

The offset is good, so I imagine they'll fit fine. They're kind of heavy though.
    Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
    '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
    '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Sounds like they would work. However they are heavy (21 pounds, shipping weight) for a 14" wheel. Are you set on steel wheels?

Edit: Ha, FestivaFan beat me to it!
      Oscar

Comment

that is the wheel we would use to make full size spares and chunk peoples donuts. I would rather get something from another car out of a junkyard...

Comment

im not set on steel but i have looked at junk yards but i dont know what will fit properly and i cant seem to find an aftermarket wheel that will fit.....

Comment

There is a sticky on it with all the years/makes/models of alll the rims that will fit. Just go to the junk yard and find a geo or a car from the list and paint them black they'll look just as good as the ones you are looking at!

Edit: Here is the link
            Discuss improvements to your Festiva or Aspire in the handling, braking, wheels and tires areas.
            Last edited by Charlie1717; 02-16-2010, 09:43 PM.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
            The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

I'll tell you what I did (just got some american racing chrome rims last weekend), I use searchtempest.com to search for all the local craigslist adds around my area. Basically just type in your zip and for the search put in 4X114.3 (or just 114) and you should see some results locally and within a $20 bill of driving distance . I spent around $30 round trip to go pick up a set of brand new rims that are 14 and have the perfect offset, you just gotta keep your eyes open. I could help you out if your profile had where you are located at.

Edit: the rims were $100 for a full set. kinda high but like I said they are brand new in boxes
              Last edited by wrongfulleaf; 02-16-2010, 09:45 PM.
              :festiva::newb::festiva:

Comment

Originally posted by fredo2121 View Post
                Hey guys i need some advice.... I want to swap my rims to a bit larger and the guys at discount tire are telling me this set up will work>>>>
                They are a set of steel wheels by a company called Unique and they are series 83. they are 14x5.5 with 35+ offset and 4 5/8 backspacing. The guy told me i could run this set up with no rubbing.... Any opinions?!?!?! Here is a pic and the fact sheet. I really like the subtle look to them and the would look nice on my black festy and a bargain at 50 bucks with 100 mail in rebate for a set of four....

http://www.uniquewheel.com/catalog_pg7.html
                look for a Swift....they are 13" and pretty near perfect on our cars....center is correct too.
                "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                89L Silver EFI auto
                91GL Green Auto DD
                There ain't no rest for the wicked
                until we close our eyes for good.
                I will sleep when I die!
                I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by wrongfulleaf View Post
                  I'll tell you what I did (just got some american racing chrome rims last weekend), I use searchtempest.com to search for all the local craigslist adds around my area. Basically just type in your zip and for the search put in 4X114.3 (or just 114) and you should see some results locally and within a $20 bill of driving distance . I spent around $30 round trip to go pick up a set of brand new rims that are 14 and have the perfect offset, you just gotta keep your eyes open. I could help you out if your profile had where you are located at.

Edit: the rims were $100 for a full set. kinda high but like I said they are brand new in boxes

Pics ?
                  sigpic
                  The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                  https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                  Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by wrongfulleaf View Post

$100 really isn't bad. Around here j/y want at least 15 a piece and that's the cheapest. So an extra 40 for brand new seems like a decent deal.

But definitely start stalking craigslist via searchtempest.com you will find what you need eventually
                    Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                    The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
                      Pics ?
                      Sure, my camera is broke right now but I have the image he used for CL. This was the only one out of the box.
                      :festiva::newb::festiva:

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie1717 View Post
                        There is a sticky on it with all the years/makes/models of alll the rims that will fit. Just go to the junk yard and find a geo or a car from the list and paint them black they'll look just as good as the ones you are looking at!
                        Yup yup! I'm running the Geo rims on mine and they work great. And they clean up pretty well too. You should be able to find a set pretty cheap. I picked up the whole car for 50 bucks! LOL

Here's the ones I used on mine after doing some cleaning and painting.

If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                        Zulu Ministries

Comment

just out of curiosity what is the weight on the stock steel wheels

Comment

Probably less than half the weight of those Unique steelies.
                            Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                            '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                            '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Working...
                            X