Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• craiglist tires

Does this sound like a good buy ?

And do you think I would have any issues running them on the 14" wheels below on an aspire swap ? Im thinking they might get into the strut perch in the rear.

sigpic
    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

I think you would be fine. I think Brian runs 195/50/14's on regular suspension. With the Aspires you are higher on the perch and only one size bigger.
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

I guess it depends on your wheel width and offset. But overall diameter is only 0.56" larger than my tires (175/70/13) and they fit just fine. 195 is almost and inch wider so, depending on your wheel offset, you may have issues with the spring perch like you said.
      Oscar

Comment

Those rims are +45 mm offset. You may need spacers with a 195 width tire.

Love the rims! What year?
        Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
        '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
        '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
          I think you would be fine. I think Brian runs 195/50/14's on regular suspension. With the Aspires you are higher on the perch and only one size bigger.
          I couldnt find any 195/50/14 on tire rack. I was thinking aspire torsion beam with festiva struts, maybe the aspire strut would be the ticket if the perch is higher ??

Originally posted by JPT View Post
          Those rims are +45 mm offset. You may need spacers with a 195 width tire.

Love the rims! What year?
          I think I might need to make some spacers. It seemed like it was going to be real close with just the rim on. The lower the profile the better my chances. Not sure of the year. Early 90s Protege Pro Alloys was what I was told.
          sigpic

Comment

You can always go to coilovers and chop off the lower perch. gave me room for 205/60/15's on the rear.

Edit: Those wheels will look good on your car too, I like them.

Comment

Originally posted by resuwrecked View Post
              Edit: Those wheels will look good on your car too, I like them.

Thanks

I thought it was a decent price on the tires too. $50 each. 12s cost that much. Cant touch that at Tire Rack with shipping and all. Real close for me to pick up too. Might snag a couple of sets this week. They probably arent selling many 14" these days esp if they are advertising on CL. Might work on the haggling skills.
              sigpic

Comment

I have 185/60x14 on 14" Estrellas, with Festy rear struts. Need spacers for the rear. Recommend you go with Aspire rear struts for the higher perch.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                  I have 185/60x14 on 14" Estrellas, with Festy rear struts. Need spacers for the rear. Recommend you go with Aspire rear struts for the higher perch.
                  Id need aspire springs then ? How thick is your spacer ? Any fender rubbing with the spacers ?
                  sigpic

Comment

I have the same wheels out in my garage. With the wheel width and offset it should basically be the same thing as Brian's wheel setup with like 12mm less outer width and 1mm less inner width.

+45 offset on a 5.5 inch wheel or a +38 offset on a 6 inch wide wheel is a 1mm difference in inner clearence...

so slap some 195/45/14 toyo proxies on those things and get motoring
                    Last edited by big_ty2003; 02-28-2010, 07:39 PM.

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

Working...
                    X