Aspire swap to come- question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire swap to come- question

so I have the aspire equipment already to install shortly, but I have a few options in place. The struts on the aspire rear and front suspension are monroe sensatrack, relatively new so I want to use those. I want to eliminate as much body roll as possible without stiffening up the car or changing the ride height. Therefore I have two options:
    a) put the stock Festiva springs onto the aspire struts
    b) cut the aspire springs
    Which option would be better, and in using the Festiva springs will the ride height change from what it is now?
    thanks for the help!

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
    -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

the shocks are longer on the aspire so even if you use the festiva springs it will be a bit higher... i would cut the aspire springs...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
      the shocks are longer on the aspire so even if you use the festiva springs it will be a bit higher... i would cut the aspire springs...
      But this will both stiffen it up and change the ride height...both of which he is trying to avoid.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

So the ride height would be higher even if I used the stock festiva springs? Has anyone else done this?

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month

Comment

Both of those options are bad. To reduce body roll you have to stiffen the ride. Cut springs are all soft and bouncy, eventually you are just going to wish you did it right the first time.
          Last edited by big_ty2003; 03-10-2010, 02:58 AM.

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

cut springs arent a bad way to go if you use a grinder cut off wheel and dont get the spring too hot. ive had very good experience in the past. just dont cut more than a 1/2 a coil at a time to reduce the chance of a mistake. also if you are very worried about ride height just install the aspire springs and shocks to see how much higher it really is... then cut 1/2 a coil and drive for a day to let the spring settle. repeat that until the desired height is reached.... remember it is better to not cut enough than to cut too much. just my 2cents
            I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

Good point, so the consensus here is to go with cut aspire springs and not use the Festiva springs?

Comment

Working...
              X