• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aspire front sway bar install

picked up a junk yard aspire fron sway bar...took a fews pics along the way

put the bar in and cut the cross member to fit:

same notch from the top

took out the cross member and welded up the notch:

relocated my front poly trans mount(chevy nova trans mount from energy suspension)you cant see it in the pic but i welded flange nuts under the bolt holes to reinforce the sides
    I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Nice! I think you'll like the stiffer bar a lot.

I assume your going to run it flipped since you notched the cross member?
    ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
    91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
    1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
    2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

yes im running it upside down. there is no room to run it the right way with that big poly mount in the way.

Comment

is that the same motor mounts i have?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Looks awesome! Sasquatch, we need to get this happening on my festiva, lol

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
          -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

Comment

you are using my mounts... i already called you a copy cat...lol

look at post #17
            Members Builds (questions about repair or how to do something belong in the proper forum)

Comment

ooo dang... i thought i was the first one to do that... any pics of how yours tunred out? ill show you mine if you show me yours :evil4: lol jk....

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
              1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Note to self: pull tranny mount out of camaro before scrapping.

Comment

the rubber versions are only $7 from autozone... but those rip... i went through 7 of them before i switched to the poly ones... worth the extra $$$$ to go poly

Comment

I put a urethane mount in when I swapped engines. And I didn't put enough mileage on that car to get to the first oil change. So it should be good.

Comment

how much dose your car vibrate when your driving? im kind of worried that it will be a PITA to drive everyday...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

^shouldnt be too bad. My front and driverside trans mounts are solid, rear trans and pass. side mounts are poly filled and its not bad.

Comment

Working...
                        X