quick ratio steering rack.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick ratio steering rack.

anyone know if you can get a "quick ratio" steering rack for a 91 manual steering festiva? Also is it possible to fit 14X5.5-6 wheels in a festiva? if so you do have pics? thanks.
    91GL, 93L, 91L, 92L
    00 f250- xlt 7.3 6speed 4x4
    88 gtx
    74 torino- enduro car.

I don't know about the rack, but I do have 14x6 wheels. Check out the FOTM section, July festiva of the month. That's my car!
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

I don't have any idea about a quicker ratio rack, but I have some fugly 14's on it when I go racing... Those are some pix of it...

Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

cool. how much work would it take to fit a rack off another vehicle?
        91GL, 93L, 91L, 92L
        00 f250- xlt 7.3 6speed 4x4
        88 gtx
        74 torino- enduro car.

Comment

You might check out the rack from a Kia Rio or a Geo Metro. Or maybe a VW Golf or Rabbit.

There is a very remote chance the Rio's rack may bolt up since it is a distant "3rd gen" Festiva design.

The Metro is similar sized, that's all.

The VWs may have superior racks with the ratio you want, but who knows how much work they'd be to fit, if you could reasonably fit them on.

I've never done any rack work so I wouldn't know. If you had the skills and the patience you could probably do this. Who knows, there may be a swap that's easier than we might think.

Another possible way to do this is to check out Festiva and Aspire racks and see if Kia or Mazda has any different gearing to put in them from other cars like the Rio or 323, etc.

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

does the PS festiva rack have a better ratio? You could probably take the gearing out of that and put it in a manual rack.
            OX SMASH!!

Comment

Working...
            X