Tires!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tires!!!

I just came across something while searching ebay. I found a set of golf car wheels with tires. The tire size was 205/30/13 so I got to thinking. I hit google immediately and came across this..... http://www.otools.ca/accessories/golf-cart-tires.pdf

On the site is a bunch of different tires some that are DOT approved. Might be an option to get some wider tires on our festivas???

Has caught the most Festivas on Fire on this board!!

hahahaha thats funny just the idea of puttim golf cart tires on a festy is awsome but it definitely could be possible

Comment

Hell i knew a guy growing up who used to have riding mower mudder tires on one. They stuck out about 4 inches and he drive it everywhere like that.

By the way, ^^^ That's 99.9% city driving :cool:

Comment

Excel and Kenda brands. I would never put that junk on any car. What are the speed, traction, and temperature ratings? I guess it would be a "use at your own risk" situation, but someone putting those tires on a car and going over 25 mph deserves a shiny Darwin Award.
        Oscar

Comment

my friend has a geo... im sure he might wanna know about these... im sure 205/50/12s would look pretty sweet...lol
          I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

Cool, but no speed rating. Loss of control following tire failure is never a fun experience. I have a set of turf-savers mounted on stiva wheels for my farm beater.

Comment

What size Turf Savers are those?

I found them online and the minimum rim width is about 7". Also, limited to 12 psi of air!

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by perucho View Post
                Excel and Kenda brands. I would never put that junk on any car. What are the speed, traction, and temperature ratings? I guess it would be a "use at your own risk" situation, but someone putting those tires on a car and going over 25 mph deserves a shiny Darwin Award.
                +1, I was thinking the same thing. These tires are engineered for much lighter loads and speeds than what we use them for, even if they are DOT-approved.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Not to mention they're all bias ply. Ever done highway speeds on bias tires in a modern car?
                  Hate to naysay here but these are far from ideal.

Comment

Agreed
                    It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

I bought some tires on ebay once, listed as trailer or cart tires, DOT approved, correct size 165-70-12, and all they did was shake me out of the car at highway speed. Tried to balance several times- same results.
                      186,000 miles per second is not just a good idea, it's the law

1990 yellow L+ (l8ly)
                      1990 yellow L+ (sunryz)
                      1992 aqua L (agua)
                      1993 blue L (aurora)

Comment

Working...
                      X