cross member notched for aspire sway bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cross member notched for aspire sway bar

installed my aspire sway bar upside down so i had to notch my cross member...this was a month or so ago...today i was upgrading my turbo and upon taking off my intake piping i found my notched cracked!!!

im gonna reweld it and add support tomorrow... shame i cant go see how the b6t likes its new evoIII 16G ... without the fear of dropping my engine/trans on the ground
    I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Wow that sucks.

I just found out yesterday that my b6t manifold thats cracked like all other ones (that dont seem to leak) actually does leak.
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Ouch. Good thing you caught it!

Comment

yay parts cars... swapped out the cross member this morning... flipped the sway bar right side up... seems to be ok now... less than a 1/2" left of cross member kepping my tranny off the ground

Comment

I tore up my rear tranny mount the other night at the track and I'll have pics soon. Good thing you found it ......
          -Greg
          Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
          Redneck Engineer
          FOTY - '09
          5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaB6TG25MR View Post
            yay parts cars... swapped out the cross member this morning... flipped the sway bar right side up... seems to be ok now... less than a 1/2" left of cross member kepping my tranny off the ground
            Didn't see this until now. Any problems with the swaybar right side up? Mine rubs quite a bit on the front mount.
            Oscar

Comment

make a new mount... or you can just look at mine tomorrow...

Comment

Working...
              X